Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Presidential Plus waived 1st annual $395 fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

~2 months ago I was at EWR lounge where they were handing out invitation codes for the Chase Presidential Plus card for 1st year waived fee (no bonus miles). I snagged an extra code to share:

apply at presidentialplus.com/vip
code: DFM5URF52N7

Must apply by 10/15/2011

* Full United Club membership
* Premier Access travel services
* 1st & 2nd checked bags free
* Flex EQM
* No FX
* 2x points on CO flights
* 1x regular points
etc

Last edited by shanshan; Nov 14, 2011 at 3:40 pm Reason: Link confirmed to work as of 10/29, and link appears to still work as of 11/14. So I wouldn't be afraid of 10/15 expiration!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:45 pm
uwr

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K
I just applied for this card with only a $95 statement credit.
Yesterday, I called and they said that the card was approved, but it will take a few days to process it.
Can I still call Chase and use this code?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 7:55 pm
uwr

Thanks -
I just called in and updated my application with this offer code.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 9:12 am
uwr

Originally Posted by uwr
Thanks -
I just called in and updated my application with this offer code.
Update: Just got a private message from Chase, and they will credit the additional $300.

Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:07 pm

I got the card last year with the fee waived for the first year. Has anyone ever tried getting the fee reduced or waived for the 2nd year?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP lite, Hertz 5*G, Nat'l Exec
^^^Thanks a million for this, I was holding off on getting the card but this fee waiver does it for me!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
I applied a week ago for the regular $95 off. After seeing this post, I called today to see if they would honor the additional $300 promo. Agent took 10 minutes to do research but in the end could NOT do it.

So it seems that there are different outcomes. Not sure why.
Timing wise, I still have not received the card, so I thought that might influence it. It might be agent depended. Who knows.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:31 am
uwr

Originally Posted by AM-PM-DM
I applied a week ago for the regular $95 off. After seeing this post, I called today to see if they would honor the additional $300 promo. Agent took 10 minutes to do research but in the end could NOT do it.

So it seems that there are different outcomes. Not sure why.
Timing wise, I still have not received the card, so I thought that might influence it. It might be agent depended. Who knows.
I called and also sent a secure message through the Chase website and received a reply through the secure message center. Already have my $300 credit on the statement and still haven't received the card. It took less than two days for me to get the answer by email, and one more day to get the credit.

If you already have a Chase online account, then the new card should already be listed there. Send a secure message about that card, and ask for the discount. If you don't have a Chase account, then wait until you get the card and open the online account.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I saw the same promotion at the EWR PC, the codes are unique, so you can't reuse them.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:30 pm
uwr

Originally Posted by nyc1978
I saw the same promotion at the EWR PC, the codes are unique, so you can't reuse them.
That might be the case, but the offer code above is still working on the Chase website, and more than one person has been approved.

There might be a bug in the website that is allowing multiple people to use the same code.

Alternatively, it is possible that Chase is relaxed about the rules. They might anticipate that many of the new cardholders will like the card and will become long-term customers.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE
I just applied using the aforementioned code, and I was approved instantly. So the code as of a couple of hours ago is still working.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
It's the 17th, and the application form still loads. Are they no longer adhering to the 15th deadline?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by 14940674
It's the 17th, and the application form still loads. Are they no longer adhering to the 15th deadline?
The one I got in the ATL Presidents Club last week says "Offer extended through Nov. 15, 2011" Too bad I cannot just upgrade my OnePass Plus with this offer.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 11:57 pm
uwr

Originally Posted by gusd
The one I got in the ATL Presidents Club last week says "Offer extended through Nov. 15, 2011" Too bad I cannot just upgrade my OnePass Plus with this offer.
Why don't you just apply for the Presidential Plus card?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by uwr
Why don't you just apply for the Presidential Plus card?
Well, I have too many Chase credit cards already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.