Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can Lowe's kitchen cabinet order be paid through via OP Shopping mall?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Hyatt

Getting ready to place a $13K order with Lowe's for some kitchen cabinets. Is there any chance of being able to place this order through the OP Shopping mall? My kitchen designer does not know much about this, but she thinks not, since the order has to be placed through the store. Thought I'd check with you all before placing the order.

Thanks,
TBH
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you cannot place the order online then it won't work.

You only get the miles if the merchant pays the affiliate (CO or the operator of their mall) a commission on the sale. Each merchant sets specific rules as to what transactions qualify and what the rates are that they pay. The affiliate then calculates the appropriate conversion from that rate to the cost of the points (keeping a bit for themselves, of course) and fixes the numbers for the mall. Depending on the rates the different carriers negotiate for the points you'll often see very different numbers for the same merchant across different FF programs.

If you want to read a bit of a more detailed explanation on how the programs work (and why they seem to break so often) I wrote a somewhat lengthy screed about it earlier this week.

If you want to see a comparison on earning rates for a few different programs from the same malls I compared 10 merchants across 5 airlines a year ago. The results of that comparison are here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.