Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO OnePass Fades Away...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver - 1MM, UA Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
CO OnePass Fades Away...

CHICAGO, June 29, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) today announced that Mileage Plus will be the loyalty program for its wholly owned subsidiaries United Airlines and Continental Airlines beginning in 2012. Moving to a single loyalty program is a significant milestone in the integration of the two airlines and will provide a more consistent travel experience for customers.

United will announce complete details of the Mileage Plus program - including elite levels, qualifications and benefits, lifetime benefits, and other program developments that will take effect in 2012 - in the coming months.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by AustinWeatherGuy
CHICAGO, June 29, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --

United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) today announced that Mileage Plus will be the loyalty program for its wholly owned subsidiaries United Airlines and Continental Airlines beginning in 2012. Moving to a single loyalty program is a significant milestone in the integration of the two airlines and will provide a more consistent travel experience for customers.

United will announce complete details of the Mileage Plus program - including elite levels, qualifications and benefits, lifetime benefits, and other program developments that will take effect in 2012 - in the coming months.
This is being discussed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ed-2012-a.html
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Don't worry though. As we are finding out, just because it says United on the outside doesn't mean that it's not really Continental on the inside.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Account Number

So does this mean our Onepass account number is retired or will the Onepass account number move over into the Mileage Plus system?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
So does this mean our Onepass account number is retired or will the Onepass account number move over into the Mileage Plus system?
It seems like you will be assigned a MP account automatically if you don't have one.

No action is required. OnePass members who do not already have a Mileage Plus account will automatically be enrolled in the new program. For members who have accounts in both programs, we encourage you to link your accounts now, and then we’ll do our best to match up all other accounts.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: AA, DL
I have about 95,000 one pass miles and have not flown "United" since 1988. How are the redemption rates/availability compare for coach between Continental and United. From my brief look at uniteds page most flights to Europe from NYC/NJ cost more miles and most connected in Chicago!!! Thoughts?

Last edited by remphish1; Jun 29, 2011 at 8:59 am
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by remphish1
I have about 90,000 one pass miles and have not flown "United" since 1988. How are the redemption rates/availability compare for coach between Continental and United. From my brief look at uniteds page most flights to Europe from NYC/NJ cost more miles and most connected in Chicago!!! Thoughts?
The award charts are identical as of 15 June.
Originally Posted by edcho
It seems like you will be assigned a MP account automatically if you don't have one.
In the next paragraph down UA Insider indicates that a decision will be forthcoming about the account numbers. While I do not doubt that it will be the MP account numbers that survive there is a sliver of a chance that it will be otherwise.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12
The award charts are identical as of 15 June.

In the next paragraph down UA Insider indicates that a decision will be forthcoming about the account numbers. While I do not doubt that it will be the MP account numbers that survive there is a sliver of a chance that it will be otherwise.
I'll take that bet. What odds are your paying?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:34 am

I've memorized my nice OnePass account string by heart. Now it's going to be reduced to a mere string of numbers
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by quantumslip
I've memorized my nice OnePass account string by heart. Now it's going to be reduced to a mere string of numbers

+1
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by quantumslip
Why can't we keep both number? Technically, CO's OP numbers won't conflict with any existing MP numbers.

And we can already log in with either my email or MP# on United.com, so it is not like we have to use one or the other.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by rickyriver
Why can't we keep both number? Technically, CO's OP numbers won't conflict with any existing MP numbers.

And we can already log in with either my email or MP# on United.com, so it is not like we have to use one or the other.
I have a feeling that they won't want to maintain both systems. I love my OP number (I know it better than my actual cell phone number) but I have a feeling that it would be easier for them to just assign everyone MP numbers and get rid of the OP system. .
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:20 am

Programs: United 1K
Can someone give an example of a Mileage Plus account number?

I will miss my OnePass number.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Older MP numbers are as follows:

83, the year I enrolled. Very easy to remember not much different that remembering a SS number.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
It's an 11 digit number..I got mine in 1988 and it starts out 00133XXXXXX.

When the program was introduced it started out with 3 preceeding zeroes so it began 0001XXXXXXX and counted up from there.

Today, new MP numbers are being issued with 0327 as the starting numbers.

When all the CO accounts are added I'm sure we'll easily be in the 04's, maybe even 05's. If you're interested in getting the lowest possible number I suggest enrolling now and link your accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.