Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying ticket before status changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Question Buying ticket before status changes

If I buy a ticket for a trip in October, but my status is changing to Gold before the trip happens, will the October booking automatically indicate my new status (for EUA purposes, mileage bonus, etc.), or do I have to do something to change it?

Search yielded nothing specific (key words too general), and could find nothing in the FAQ -- please advise.

Thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
As of now, everything should change automatically. The only thing I believe does not change automatically are award waitlists.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by lindaiah
If I buy a ticket for a trip in October, but my status is changing to Gold before the trip happens, will the October booking automatically indicate my new status (for EUA purposes, mileage bonus, etc.), or do I have to do something to change it?

Search yielded nothing specific (key words too general), and could find nothing in the FAQ -- please advise.

Thank you.
I would definitely not assume your status would update automatically. I would call and have them update it, or do it online. But then again, that's me...I'm not the trusting type when it comes to these types of things.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
I second the above. Call and specifically ask to have OP number removed and reloaded to ensure accurate status on PNR.

Enjoy your new Gold Elite status!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Read the FAQ a bit more closely.

You don't need to do anything but you can remove it and add it back in if you want. One way to see if it reflects your gold status correctly is to try to pick an exit row seat. Assuming they aren't all taken by other golds and platinums you should be able to pick one once the status is updated.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, IHG Plat AMB, Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis Presidents Club; Caesars Diamond Plus
Originally Posted by sbm12
Read the FAQ a bit more closely.

You don't need to do anything but you can remove it and add it back in if you want. One way to see if it reflects your gold status correctly is to try to pick an exit row seat. Assuming they aren't all taken by other golds and platinums you should be able to pick one once the status is updated.
Ah, yes...I didn't read that entry very well because I thought I was well versed in the answer to that particular question already (and it didn't seem all that related to my question, but never mind...)

Thank you!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Bumping with a similar question...this is the best thread I found in a search.

It sounds like the system is now smart enough to determine your status at the time of travel. But all of these threads have pertained only to "native" status - United or, in the case of this thread, pre-merger CO.

Does anyone know if the same holds true for a partner status? I booked four tickets in the past two days (thanks to UA matching some sweet WN fares), all using a non-elite Aegean White number. By the time I fly the UA flights, I will be Aegean Blue (Star Silver).

When I go to OLCI, will the system automatically know I'm Star Silver? There will be several weeks between the Blue-qualifying flight and the United flights in question.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pinniped

When I go to OLCI, will the system automatically know I'm Star Silver? There will be several weeks between the Blue-qualifying flight and the United flights in question.
It should in theory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.