Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by sbm12
Toiletries are a very small part of my kit. And it is a dedicated bag that never leaves my suitcase.
I reuse an airline amenity kit for this when I travel with it, it does leave my bag
I do strip out items not needed and replenish etc just using the bag/case for good steady sizing.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
The real question is what else you are packing. We did 10 days in Scotland in 22" bags without too much trouble.
+1 I can do a week long hotel based hiking trip easily with a 22". Includes a 2nd change of clothes for just about every day, clothes for inclement weather and the fact that I'm a shoe whore....low hiking shoes, sandals, sneakers and something a little nice to wear in transit. I cut back on the toiletry items by forgoing the shampoo/conditioner. My hair will survive the hotel brands....and sometimes they're better than what I use anyway.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I never thought about the squishing the sneakers instead of stuffing them. I had to see how it worked and I could pack it all. I have since checked my agenda for the week and have decided to keep the sneakers at home as I won't have time except for the last day.

Marriott question. Marriott goes by number of nights vs. stay/night combo to reach status?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I reuse an airline amenity kit for this when I travel with it, it does leave my bag
I do strip out items not needed and replenish etc just using the bag/case for good steady sizing.
I end up using teh plastic baggie even when I drive somewhere. Can't be bothered switching between a baggie and a real toilety bag.

Last edited by cheepneezy; Jul 11, 2010 at 8:54 am
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
I never thought about the squishing the sneakers instead of stuffing them. I had to see how it worked and I could pack it all. I have since checked my agenda for the week and have decided to keep the sneakers at home as I won't have time except for the last day.

Marriott question. Marriott goes by number of nights vs. stay/night combo to reach status?
It works well, but I'd not do it to the most expensive kinds of course

Sounds like you are taking some more dressy things? I was thinking vacation needed sandals ^
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Good morning box.

Those nights and those days. Somedays I wish I could be someone else, more successful, better looking, just better I guess.

Then at the darkest moments, when all seems distant and unacheiveable, I tell myself one thing.

I am :rollpuck: an anything is possible.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cheepneezy
I end up using teh plastic baggie even when I drive somewhere. Can't be bothered switching between a baggie and and a real toilety bag.
You mean the famed ole Kippie Bag? I have honestly ignored that here of late and just tried to not pack toothpaste. I take other things in the wipe form, which they do not care about, like hand wipes, even some cologne (found a store I can buy samples for a $1 )
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colpuck
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Good morning box.

Those nights and those days. Somedays I wish I could be someone else, more successful, better looking, just better I guess.

Then at the darkest moments, when all seems distant and unacheiveable, I tell myself one thing.

I am :rollpuck: an anything is possible.
don't be depressed, remember you are (t)rollpuck!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Yep, nights are king. Stays don't enter into it for elite qualification, but they do sometimes count for some promotions.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by baglady
Awkward!
You say awkward; I say delicious.

Originally Posted by fozz
It is way too early to be up on the west coast.
If you have any kind of time in YVR, do make sure to hit up Granville Island Brewery. The odds of Teh Box gathering there at some point will go from zero to strong maybe.

The real question is what else you are packing. We did 10 days in Scotland in 22" bags without too much trouble.
We are trying to do seven days in CUN in carry-ons. The only part that makes me about this is that I like to pack nicer outfits for dinner.

Morning, Box.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike

We are trying to do seven days in CUN in carry-ons. The only part that makes me about this is that I like to pack nicer outfits for dinner.
I would as well for honeymoon, but in that case I'd try to go like the following, carryons for normal clothes and daily goods, and 1 shared checked bag for nicer clothing. I know it is not the best, and leave you waiting some, but 1. if it gets lost or delayed it does not kill your honeymoon as you have your carryons for main items. 2. it is just one bag you won't spend your honeymoon being a mule
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Bob Sheppard died.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Bob Sheppard died.
at age 99....
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
MR booked! CLE-IAH-(SEA)-ANC-SEA-CLE. 7/30-7/31
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Sounds good.....what is the FT significance of the brackets around SEA?
Originally Posted by Steph3n
It is a 'direct' flight that stops in SEA but doesn't count to CO.
Learn something every day

______

ORANJE!
Old Jul 11, 2010, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Darwin award finalist.

Originally Posted by Fox News
NM man suffers burns after friends set fire to his prosthetic leg after losing drinking bet
Jul 10, 2010 5:57 PM EDT

A 47-year-old man's friends set his prosthetic leg on fire after he lost a drinking bet, causing him to suffer severe burns to his buttocks and lower back. Dona Ana County sheriff's deputies found the man naked on the side of U.S. Route 70 with his prosthetic leg in flames. Deputies learned that the man and his friends were drinking Monday and bet that whoever drank the least would be set on fire.

The man told investigators that at six beers, he drank the least, and agreed to let his friends set him on fire.

He said his friends ignited his prosthetic leg, and the flames spread to his body.

The sheriff's office said the man took his clothes off because of the pain and his friends decided to take him to the hospital. But they got nervous and instead dropped him off on the side of the highway.

The man was taken to a Texas burn treatment center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.