Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by colpuck
LX F
Without an ounce of hesitation - LX F.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by usa18dca
At the least I know you're not talking about me, I've been on enough bad behavior to not warrant a wonderful all-expenses paid for vacation away from FlyerTalkville and teh Box!

I'm curious if anyone here had the choice to go on LX F (New) or LH F on the A340 what would you go for?
Yes, be careful my friend!!

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
With repeating layers of poo and beer.
Originally Posted by Phudnik
We have a strong smell and make people cry?
The smell is poo and the crying comes from laughter.
The above is too
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Teh Madre de Copa might start to think this mileage running thing is easy. Her change of planes in IAH this morning stayed within C South, and 559 is running 18 minutes late, while the inbound operating 420 for her to start back East is 11 minutes late. And she did clear on 1776, unless there is another SCH, N. on the flight...would be hilarious if that were the case.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:40 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
I'm curious if anyone here had the choice to go on LX F (New) or LH F on the A340 what would you go for?
I haven't tried either (yet! just a few more months ) but it seems from general wisdom that that choice is a no-brainer.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: CO Plat
Teh Madre de Copa might start to think this mileage running thing is easy. Her change of planes in IAH this morning stayed within C South, and 559 is running 18 minutes late, while the inbound operating 420 for her to start back East is 11 minutes late. And she did clear on 1776, unless there is another SCH, N. on the flight...would be hilarious if that were the case.
I am doing this run with my father (CO Gold) 2/8. I will add him as a companion but he may clear without my help. When I do this run I always take 1558 back to IAH. I like hanging out in IAH better then SNA.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: CO Plat
Weather Waiver is back up with 30 airports listed Guess I will be changing my flight to SEA on Wednesday.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Scott6067
Two things on this. One the vouchers have to be redeemed at the airport. Major downfall of the UA system. This is one area that DL has done very well. Like CO you can redeem all DL vouchers online but in addition, DL puts your vouchers into your DL account online. Makes it easier to use and keep track of in my opinion. Hopefully the CO system will come out of the merger as UA vouchers have no residual value although you can use thhem as $100 checks essentially.

To the original routing credit. I think you need to get the UA form for miles credit that they have and turn into UA and then ask CO to get the original routing credit. I am still having issues with 2,000 miles from November when UA re-routed me. UGH!
You can also ticket my mail..

Originally Posted by msv
Morning box. It's 12 deg F and I have a class this morning so can't hide inside.
Good m/a/e It's 30F in Lawrence, but very icy!

Originally Posted by snod08
I would say Somewhere south in Spain.

Europe will still be cold aruond that time...although hopefully not too cold.

Good morning Box
Thanks for the suggestion ^

Originally Posted by monitor
Right now, IMO the most interesting destination in Europe is Berlin. There is so much to see and so much to do there you will want to go back again and again.

Some of us from Teh Box had a wonderful long weekend there at Thanksgiving and there are a few things that you should know so PM if you are interested.
Berlin. I'll keep an eye on prices. I will PM if I decide to go there

Originally Posted by photog72
That was a good night's sleep. :-:
^

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Morning Box. Back in teh office today.
Srry!

Originally Posted by GeoMedic
from what I've seen... mods are extremely lenient... but I guess excessively irritating isn't necessarily "naughty". I know I'd COmplain about at least one of them. ;-)
Do you get COmpensation?

Morning box,

I am coming to you from a chilly Seattle.

Cheers,
rollpuck
Good morning

At the least I know you're not talking about me, I've been on enough bad behavior to not warrant a wonderful all-expenses paid for vacation away from FlyerTalkville and teh Box!

LX F!!

Are you still on my FRA-SFO in December?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Hi Box, greetings from COS

Originally Posted by icurhere2
temperatures dropping 30 degrees in three hours.
Interesting forecast here.
Today's high: 23
Tonight's low: -1
Tomorrow's high: -1

Then it's back up to almost 50 by Friday.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:51 am

Given the way it gets talked about around here, I'd think LX F is the gold standard and everything else is a letdown in comparison unless maybe the variable of a 380 ride is thrown in.
LX F
Originally Posted by belynch
Without an ounce of hesitation - LX F.
Originally Posted by mwg25
I haven't tried either (yet! just a few more months ) but it seems from general wisdom that that choice is a no-brainer.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

LX F!!

Are you still on my FRA-SFO in December?

Thanks EVERYONE!
Changing my Africa Reward ticket from LH to LX in LX F on the A340 JNB-ZRH.

And FS, I am still on your FRA-SFO...are you keeping that date or changing it? I checked LH on Saturday and it was still listed as a 744?

And...WX Waiver...AGAIN????
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Mtbroxs
I am doing this run with my father (CO Gold) 2/8. I will add him as a companion but he may clear without my help. When I do this run I always take 1558 back to IAH. I like hanging out in IAH better then SNA.
I had a 420 run booked once, and I ended up bumped and in ONT.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It just struck me that 420 could be one of those flight number jokes...SoCal...
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
I had a 420 run booked once
It just struck me that 420 could be one of those flight number jokes...SoCal...
I was just about to say...

In other circles, that can mean something VERY different.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: UA-Perma Plat, Hyatt-Sucks, HHonors - Dia., Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by Phudnik
I third (?) the recommendation. Berlin is also surprisingly inexpensive, and very easy to get around.
A fourth from me. Grand Hyatt Berlin... one of the best places I've stayed... well, okay, it pales when compared to Lizard Island http://www.lizardisland.com.au/
but hey, Berlin is great.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Mackieman
Wowsers.

I convinced a buddy from AUS to meet me in NAS tomorrow as I just needed to get away before this next storm. Looks like he's getting away from the chill just in time as well!
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
[B]

And FS, I am still on your FRA-SFO...are you keeping that date or changing it? I checked LH on Saturday and it was still listed as a 744?

And...WX Waiver...AGAIN????
I'm still on the December dates. I may change it, but that rests on LH releasing just one F seat on the A380.. Even if they don't, it's still a great F product.

I'll give 1K a call to check availability. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by GeoMedic
A fourth from me. Grand Hyatt Berlin... one of the best places I've stayed... well, okay, it pales when compared to Lizard Island http://www.lizardisland.com.au/
but hey, Berlin is great.
I'm glad that they have a Hyatt! A few places (BRU) that I had been looking at did not have any Hyatt properties

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.