Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Thanks, that's what I figured. Might still be worth having if it gives me the opportunity to count the EQMs whenever I wish.

Mike
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I didn't see this, but the baggage waivers have been changed to include flights operated by UA now, same allowances.

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...English&tier=2
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:13 am

What will happen to the Flexible EQM

Did anyone know what will happen to the Flexible EQM after merging the one pass to milage plus ?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by traveller88
Did anyone know what will happen to the Flexible EQM after merging the one pass to milage plus ?
No
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
x2 - but I can guarantee you they will be minus my annual fee if they go away.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Recent fraud issues?

Has anyone experienced recent fraud issues with their CO Mastercards?

Within the last 6 weeks both of my accounts have been compromised,which is bizarre ,especially since these are not cards which I carry. They are basically used for CO tickets,car rentals and a utility company that requires MC.

Perhaps it is a coincidence,but these are the only two Chase cards having problems, of the 8 accounts we have open.

Chase is not very forthcoming with information.They simply close the account and issue new cards.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:20 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Has anyone experienced recent fraud issues with their CO Mastercards?

Within the last 6 weeks both of my accounts have been compromised,which is bizarre ,especially since these are not cards which I carry. They are basically used for CO tickets,car rentals and a utility company that requires MC.

Perhaps it is a coincidence,but these are the only two Chase cards having problems, of the 8 accounts we have open.

Chase is not very forthcoming with information.They simply close the account and issue new cards.
I'm on my 3rd PPlus Mastercard. Been compromised twice. To Chase's credit, they caught it immediately (in one case, multiple same-day purchase at a convenience store in a place I've never traveled to), called me, and sent a card the next day. Since Chase carries the liability for unauthorized purchases, they're not going to take a chance.

Biggest pain was having to remember all those Web sites where my number was stored. I would seriously recommend that everyone reading this start making a list of every Web site and other place (doctor office, local service provider, etc.) that has your card number, in case you need to change it quickly. It made a huge difference the 2nd time it happened.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
If you get a new card, the statements on the old card go away. The above poster's advise is definitely good ^

Originally Posted by tarheelnj
I'm on my 3rd PPlus Mastercard. Been compromised twice. To Chase's credit, they caught it immediately (in one case, multiple same-day purchase at a convenience store in a place I've never traveled to), called me, and sent a card the next day. Since Chase carries the liability for unauthorized purchases, they're not going to take a chance.

Biggest pain was having to remember all those Web sites where my number was stored. I would seriously recommend that everyone reading this start making a list of every Web site and other place (doctor office, local service provider, etc.) that has your card number, in case you need to change it quickly. It made a huge difference the 2nd time it happened.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA/CO, DL
Does the 25% bonus miles for CO flights apply to those operated by CO only or does it apply to codeshares as well ( CO flight operated by UA)? thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA, UA/CO, DL
Originally Posted by Phly4phun
Does the 25% bonus miles for CO flights apply to those operated by CO only or does it apply to codeshares as well ( CO flight operated by UA)? thanks!
Found the answer... No codeshares. Only CO, COPA, and CO Micronesia operated flights only.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by traveller88

You now earn 1,000 Flex EQMs for every $5,000 spent on your Presidential Plus Card. Flex EQMs can be combined with the EQMs you earn when you fly to help you maintain your Elite status or move up to the next status level (up to $25,000). Effective Jan. 1, 2012, Flex EQMs will remain in your account during the calendar year in which they were earned, plus three additional calendar years and will then expire if not redeemed. Also, effective Jan. 1, 2012, Flex EQMs can be redeemed to achieve up to Platinum Elite status or the equivalent level in MileagePlus.

Is all this new language for the card? I seem to remember when signing up that the flex eqm's never expire and could be unlimited.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by airfly56
You now earn 1,000 Flex EQMs for every $5,000 spent on your Presidential Plus Card. Flex EQMs can be combined with the EQMs you earn when you fly to help you maintain your Elite status or move up to the next status level (up to $25,000). Effective Jan. 1, 2012, Flex EQMs will remain in your account during the calendar year in which they were earned, plus three additional calendar years and will then expire if not redeemed. Also, effective Jan. 1, 2012, Flex EQMs can be redeemed to achieve up to Platinum Elite status or the equivalent level in MileagePlus.

Is all this new language for the card? I seem to remember when signing up that the flex eqm's never expire and could be unlimited.
It does sound new--I don't recall any such language before. Maybe there were some FEQM totals out there that they were afraid would make people go up to Infinite Platinum And Beyond or something and they wanted to head it off. The expiration is something I hadn't read before. Also the $25,000 amount seems new--does that mean that one can earn no more than 5000 FEQM a year? (If so, then might as well cut them off after reaching $25,000 in a year, and start using another card.)

At least this seems to suggest that the FEQMs will survive past 12/31/11.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:06 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by airfly56
Originally Posted by UAzip
Also the $25,000 amount seems new--does that mean that one can earn no more than 5000 FEQM a year? (If so, then might as well cut them off after reaching $25,000 in a year, and start using another card.)
I still see the original wording on the Presidential Plus Card promo page. If the new limits are genuine then they are new and unwelcome.

As for the earning limit, I could be wrong but I thought there was a limit on the amount of FEQMs that could be earned in a year, something like 30,000. Is it possible CO meant 25,000 miles not 25,000 dollars?

Finally, if these new limits do exist, we don't know they apply to 1) already-earned FEQMs and/or 2) already-existing accounts. We could be grandfathered in. For instance, I still pay $375 annually, not $395.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
I still see the original wording on the Presidential Plus Card promo page. If the new limits are genuine then they are new and unwelcome.

As for the earning limit, I could be wrong but I thought there was a limit on the amount of FEQMs that could be earned in a year, something like 30,000. Is it possible CO meant 25,000 miles not 25,000 dollars?

Finally, if these new limits do exist, we don't know they apply to 1) already-earned FEQMs and/or 2) already-existing accounts. We could be grandfathered in. For instance, I still pay $375 annually, not $395.
I really hope we are grandfathered in. Technically they are going to be new cards (as it appears they are Visa so new # and such). My guess is that they will let us use our cards and over the next year. When our renewal comes up, they will switch us over (with new terms) to the new card.

Those limits suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still surprised that you are still able to apply for the OnePass Plus card though.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hilton Preferential Gold VIP, Hyatt Platinum, United Club
The new language on the Chase bank home page for the Presidential Plus card (at https://www.chase.com/online/Credit-...ntial-plus.htm ), is slightly different than the language quoted by several posters above -- it reads:

"Flex EQMs earned beginning January 1, 2012, can be used at any time during the calendar year in which they were earned, plus three additional calendar years, and will then expire if not redeemed. Flex EQMs can be redeemed to achieve up to Platinum Elite status (or equivalent). Flex EQMs earned prior to January 1, 2012, will continue to have no expiration date."

From that, it appears that miles earned through December 31st of this year will still have no expiration date, and will indeed be grandfathered as such.

As to the part about Flex EQMs only being redeemable to achieve up to Platinum status or its equivalent, I am confused

Is that change effective immediately or is it effective in 2012 (meaning: if I want to use my flex EQM's in 2011 (this year) to achieve a level "higher" than Platinum (namely: 1K) for next year (in 2012), can I do so?)

Which leads me to my second question: When they say 'equivalent to Platinum', would UA 1K be equivalent (because they are both the highest mileage-earned levels in their respective FF programs), or would 1P be equivalent (because 75,000 miles gets you Platinum in CO and 1P on UA), or would whatever the new as-yet-unannounced 75,000-mile level on the new UA be the "equivalent".

This is an issue for me, because I suspect I will be at about 85,000 by year's end, I have 54,000 Flex EQMs in my account, and so I was planning on using 15,000 of them to reach 1K. But I of course don't want to use them if they won't work to get me 1K, as that would be like throwing them away for nothing. So I need clarification (and I will be frustrated if I can't use them b/c of these new rules, because that would mean after building them up the past 3 years, and now finally needing them, I won't be able to use them.)

But when I called Chase, and then called the OnePass Service Center, neither had any answers to these questions (and the OnePass Center did not even know the changes had been made...)

So, UAInsider, or anyone with more knowledge of this than I, please fill me in.

Finally, the annual $25,000 limit on EQM, if true (notice it is not in the Chase bank page I linked and quoted above) is very significant to me, as I spend 10-15K a month on my card, and the flex EQMs are why I signed up for the card -- so if that new limit is correct, I will spend 25K on that card starting in 2012, and then switch to another card for the rest of the year that gives me other meaningful benefits).

All this is a significant dimunition of benefits on the card -- only good news is that old Flex EQMs (the ones I already have in my account that they promised would never expire) won't expire, and that it would seem to indicate that the new version of the card will at least continue the Flex EQM program in some, albeit greatly diminished, form.

Problem for me is, I almost always now make 75K -- and IF (and I still want clarity on that) it turns out I now cannot use these Flex EQMs for elite levels above that, these already-earned flex miles may not be that useful to me after all...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.