Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Plus and Presidential Plus Cards – New Look, More Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MilesMonster;
born and raised in the Rubber City.
Kind of ironic.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Also a bit of a delay in FEQM posting for me. Statement close is 25th, miles for Pres Plus purchases came in on the 29th, but the FEQM associated with them still not yet in.
FEQM posted yesterday .....so let's call it 2 weeks after CC statement close
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
I'm flying a united operated flight tomorrow, purchased on CO.com and I need to check bags. Will they give me the free checked bags with my onepass plus card? I also have the united card, but I don't think that gives free checked bags...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
I'm flying a united operated flight tomorrow, purchased on CO.com and I need to check bags. Will they give me the free checked bags with my onepass plus card? I also have the united card, but I don't think that gives free checked bags...
Definitely no for the CO card. I have no idea if the UA card offers that benefit or not.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Definitely no for the CO card. I have no idea if the UA card offers that benefit or not.
even though the two companies are "merged"? that sucks. guess we'll be staying in a motel instead of bringing our camping supplies...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by onefatsurfer
even though the two companies are "merged"? that sucks. guess we'll be staying in a motel instead of bringing our camping supplies...
The merger is not yet at a position where it affects customers for the most part. The two airlines are still operating separately for the most part.

That said, $50ish in bag fees is probably less than the motel rate if you can get your stuff into one 50# bag.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
The merger is not yet at a position where it affects customers for the most part. The two airlines are still operating separately for the most part.

That said, $50ish in bag fees is probably less than the motel rate if you can get your stuff into one 50# bag.
We'd need 2 sleeping bags and a tent. Everything will be less than 50 pounds (we have decently lightweight camping gear). Maybe we can carry it on, although it'll probably be relatively large
Old Oct 16, 2010, 7:02 am

Programs: UA,AF,BA
Originally Posted by tunneller
For another new look, you can try leaving card in jeans pocket and putting it through the washer/dryer. Gives it a cool 3D look. Somewhat surprisingly it is still getting accepted by card machines.
Not as funny as I thought. At CDG RER station, the clerk refused to run the warped card through her machine. For the rest of trip, I left the card under heavy books to try to get it flat again.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 10:43 am

My mom keeps getting email offers for this card even though she canceled it last year. Is it one time offer only or can she apply for it again?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:04 pm

If you buy your ticket through Continental using your Chase Continental One Pass Plus or One Pass Preferred, you get one free checked bag on US flights. Since international flights give you one free checked bag already, you might think your credit card gets you a second bag free but no, officially it does not. It might be worth pulling the credit card out and giving it a try when checking that second bag, though. The One Pass Presidential card has a higher annual fee and it does give you two free checked bags on both US and international flights.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 6:35 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Tizzette
If you buy your ticket through Continental using your Chase Continental One Pass Plus or One Pass Preferred, you get one free checked bag on US flights.
One doesn't have to buy the ticket with one of those cards. Merely being a card holder is sufficient.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:02 pm

So when you go to check your bag, do you just show your One Pass Credit Card and not have to pay the fee? Are you sure?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette
So when you go to check your bag, do you just show your One Pass Credit Card and not have to pay the fee? Are you sure?
As the primary cardholder - the person who receives the benefit of the free checked bag - your OnePass account will be flagged appropriately to get the free bag. You shouldn't even have to show the card in most cases.

And the above note that the second bag is not free where the first bag is otherwise such based on fare rules or other reasoning is accurate.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by Phillies
I finally got an email the other day from CO about the Presidential Plus card with no annual fee for the first year. I'm sure this has been covered in this thread but since it's 28 pages long I'll ask it again. If I apply for the card, how soon would I be able to use the presidential clubs?
It takes a little while to receive the actual President's Club card (it's separate from the credit card). However, -- as soon as you are approved for the card -- it is linked to your OP #.

So, you can go to a PC, explain that you are still waiting for the physical card, & have them look up your OP # & they will see that you are a PC member. They can print out a temporary card for use at domestic clubs.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:11 pm
RNE

Whoa! Just read this clause (below) from http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...-648&mkid=6LMM. When did the "must use card to purchase" language enter into this? It wasn't there when I signed up.

* CREDIT CARDMEMBERS: Eligible customers will get their applicable checked bags free on flights operated by Continental only; codeshare flights are not eligible. The primary Cardmember's OnePass account number must be listed in their reservation and they must pay for their tickets with their Continental Airlines Chase credit Card. Up to eight customers traveling with the eligible primary credit Cardmember will also get their applicable checked bags free if they are listed in the same reservation. They must use their card to purchase their ticket within the group reservation and their OnePass number must be listed in the reservation. [emphasis added]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.