Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Old BF seats and F cheeseburger - I must be crazy...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia

I have read so much on these board about the great new BF lie-flat seats and the terrible cheeseburger in F on domestic routes. I flew to HKG recently and had my first taste of the new BF seat on the way out and the old seat on the way back. Now I am sure most people will LOVE the new seat and it looked great to me. The thing I judge it by is how I sleep and I usually sleep very well on this route. For whatever reason my feet never felt comfortable and I only slept 3-4 hours instead of my normal 8-9 hours. On the way home in the old BF seats I slept a full 9 hours and it felt great. I guess I am crazy and opposite of everyone else on here and when I check the plane I am on, I am hoping for the old seats and not the new ones.

Now on to the Cheeseburger in F. I fly mostly international so never had the pleasure before of trying this. Well lucky me, I flew on Friday from EWR-DEN and the flight attendant asked whether I wanted the cheeseburger or cold salad with shrimp. Based on what I read on these forums I should have chosen the salad, but I had to see how bad this burger really is so I ordered it. Well it came and and I can say it was very very good. No soggy bun like others have said and it was very enjoyable and I look forward to the next time I can have this.

The moral of this story is everyone has different tastes and you cannot think that everything you read on these boards will be how you think. In other words, I will take the old BF seat and F cheeseburger any day of the week.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
glad you had a good cheeseburger experience. Mine almost always comes with the soggy bun (but I still order it anyway...I just eat it with a knife and fork)
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I personally don't mind the cradle seat, but like that CO chose a lieflat that allows a cradle position and not just the either flat or some recline that some other airlines have chosen.

I have haven't slept 9 hours anywhere in the last years, so I cannot have such lofty goals for my own sleep in BF.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I'm glad you like them, but many of us cannot eat those CO F cheeseburgers.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I guess I haven't had the cheeseburger enough to be tired of it. The ones I have had have been good. I eat them open-faced just because I'm not crazy about white bread. The beef patty has always been good. However, the OP is right. "Different strokes..."
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Dont get me wrong. If they served In-N-Out burger on CO flights I'd be in love, but "Convection Burger" isn't all that bad...YMMV
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: Onepass Plat
Since when is the F cheeseburger not popular on this board? It's my favorite thing about the airline, and I don't think I'm alone.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by Vermando
Since when is the F cheeseburger not popular on this board? It's my favorite thing about the airline, and I don't think I'm alone.
In fact...I hope I get the Cheeseburger in F Friday EWR-PBI/PBI-EWR =)
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:39 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Dont get me wrong. If they served In-N-Out burger on CO flights I'd be in love, but "Convection Burger" isn't all that bad...YMMV
Mmmmm... In-N-Out... It's sad that this is one of the things I miss about living on the west coast!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by cjgibson
Mmmmm... In-N-Out... It's sad that this is one of the things I miss about living on the west coast!
never fear, they are opening a location by Union Square.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
never fear, they are opening a location by Union Square.
last I heard, that was an April Fools Day prank: http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/...nk-in-nyc.html
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:11 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Five Guys in NY makes me happy.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
Just got back from Hong Kong. Got the lie flat seats in both directions and thought they were great! I got 6 hours sleep, loved the storage, and thought that getting out past my sleeping neighbor easier than the old seat. ^
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
I heart the CO cheeseburger!!!
Old Apr 27, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Me too, hard to beat it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.