FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

Collins Oct 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Good stuff--thanks for the info.

Mabuk dan gila Oct 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Could I politely suggest CO itself open more routes to Asia in this brave new world. :D

COFreqFlyer Oct 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 12715499)
Could I politely suggest CO itself open more routes to Asia in this brave new world. :D

Patience. Must get 787s first. :D

worldwidedreamer Oct 26, 2009 11:53 pm

All I can say is wow! This is such a positive step forward for CO passengers. I'm happy.

Benjh Oct 26, 2009 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 12715486)
Hi Everyone

You're actually staying up to answer our questions??? Wow, this is dedication!
Scott, for those of us flying through IAH today, should we keep our eyes peeled for some kind of promo? A wild goose chase, maybe? :p

benolaa Oct 26, 2009 11:55 pm

If I book a ticket now for the end of November and then in early November Swiss becomes available for the return can I keep the outbound with Lufthansa without cancelling the ticket (loosing the space) and just replace the return as it will be the same mileage from ord-tlv via zrh instead of fra.

Scott6067 Oct 26, 2009 11:57 pm

So two questions here about the PC member and *A Gold lounge access.

1. If one has both credentials will one be able to get two people in?

2. The way I read the PC Members access to UA and US lounges is that one only needs to show card and ID similiar to the DL/NWA arrangement, is this correct? Ok, I reread what Scott wrote as compared to the website and I think this is a YES

Scott6067 Oct 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Scott,
Thanks again for announcing this and staying up with us junkies tonight!!

benolaa Oct 27, 2009 12:00 am

HELP about to book but they are coming back with a tax of $333 per ticket. Something is clearly wrong. They claim a YQ (fuel) surcharge is to be charged even though United does not charge it. This would be a very very terrible devaluation. There is a note on Oct 8 that it would not be charged. On Oct 22nd bulletin claimed charge on all itineraries.

N334AA Oct 27, 2009 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 12715449)
No Bonus Miles on Partners to Asia SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is B%LL SH%T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United?

rolov Oct 27, 2009 12:17 am

Originally Posted by benolaa (Post 12715555)
HELP about to book but they are coming back with a tax of $333 per ticket. Something is clearly wrong.

Sounds like they are adding LH YQ charge of $244

benolaa Oct 27, 2009 12:19 am

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12715618)
Sounds like they are adding LH YQ charge of $244

Exactly right but it seems there are conflicting memo's going around. I hope Scott will be able to clarify as the agents are very confused.

rolov Oct 27, 2009 12:20 am

Originally Posted by benolaa (Post 12715620)
Exactly right but it seems there are conflicting memo's going around. I hope Scott will be able to clarify as the agents are very confused.

What are you booking exactly ?

benolaa Oct 27, 2009 12:22 am

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12715624)
What are you booking exactly ?

ORD-FRA-TLV roundtrip in First.

UA Insider Oct 27, 2009 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Benjh (Post 12715527)
You're actually staying up to answer our questions???

Not for too much longer, Benjh. I have an early flight tomorrow. I'll be back on Wednesday to catch up!

Originally Posted by Benjh
Scott, for those of us flying through IAH today, should we keep our eyes peeled for some kind of promo? A wild goose chase, maybe? :p

No wild goose chases to speak of, but be sure to follow us on Twitter in case we decide to give stuff away.

Originally Posted by benolaa
If I book a ticket now for the end of November and then in early November Swiss becomes available for the return can I keep the outbound with Lufthansa without cancelling the ticket (loosing the space) and just replace the return as it will be the same mileage from ord-tlv via zrh instead of fra.

Sure can, benolaa. You'd just be subject to the reward change fee if changed within 21 days of departure. That is unless, you're a Platinum - then it would be free-ish.

Originally Posted by Scott6067
If one has both credentials will one be able to get two people in?

Hi Scott6067, our understanding of the official policy is that you can use one credential or the other, but not both.

Originally Posted by Scott6067
The way I read the PC Members access to UA and US lounges is that one only needs to show card and ID similiar to the DL/NWA arrangement, is this correct?

That's correct. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by benolaa
HELP about to book but they are coming back with a tax of $333 per ticket. Something is clearly wrong.

Hi benolaa, it sounds like the you're also being charged the YQ fuel surcharge, which is a system issue we're working through. We just communicated a workaround today for this, but we also communicated about 10,000 other things. You can either either ask us to price the itinerary without the surcharge, or you can pay the surcharge and get automatically refunded (we have a catch net for those that slip through the cracks).