Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Reduced Award Availability on KL for onepass members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold

I was trying to fly from IAH to via AMS on KL and checked the Japanese NW website for availability for late Oct/early Nov and it showed available for standard coach and saverpass coach. But when I call CO to book they say nothing is availabile, standard or easypass (coach or business class) on any day during that time period.

I travelled on business class on the same itinerary using the Japanese website as a tool last year in late Summer (peak travel), but this year it appears that things are different.

Any one know what is happening. It appears that KL award seat allocation to CO One pass is nonexistent.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hyho61
I was trying to fly from IAH to via AMS on KL and checked the Japanese NW website for availability for late Oct/early Nov and it showed available for standard coach and saverpass coach. But when I call CO to book they say nothing is availabile, standard or easypass (coach or business class) on any day during that time period.

I travelled on business class on the same itinerary using the Japanese website as a tool last year in late Summer (peak travel), but this year it appears that things are different.

Any one know what is happening. It appears that KL award seat allocation to CO One pass is nonexistent.
You can get KL award seats, and I have done so within the past year. However, the NWA tool is not the best guide. CO simply receives less inventory on KL than NW.
Old Sep 19, 2008, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette
You can get KL award seats, and I have done so within the past year. However, the NWA tool is not the best guide. CO simply receives less inventory on KL than NW.
Does CO actually receive less award inventory, or are they filtering?

It appears that United and US Air filter Star Alliance awards even though the seats are available to them. I wonder if CO does the same, or is it that NW has more availability?
Old Sep 19, 2008, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by BF263533
Does CO actually receive less award inventory, or are they filtering?
I guess I don't really know. All I know is that the two do not match up very well in my experience. My guess is that we will never get much confirmation, and it really doesn't matter anyway, since you won't get the seat either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.