Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread

Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: CO
Tomball has power again? We're halfway between Houston and Conroe, in Montgomery County, and we just got power and phones back yesterday. Cells are still pretty spotty (and I don't want to see the next bill, because it's all Roaming.)

Our kids own houses about 15 minutes from here, and they're projected to get power back sometime next week - subject to change. The eye wall came right through here up I-45, and it was basically a 13 hour tornado. The neighborhoods look like a war went through here.

Next time, I'll see you all on a flight out of here to anywhere else before it hits!
Old Sep 19, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
According to Centerpoint's maps and info, it was looking like sometime after 9/22 that we would get power. Lo and behold, this morning the power came back on at 9:26. So, from 2:51 on Saturday morning to 9:26 this morning - no power. Oh yeah, this is for our place in Midtown that I am scheduled to move into at the beginning of October. I have to buy a generator up here (in Delaware with no sales taxes) and bring it down with me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.