"Sharing" business class seat

Old May 31, 2007, 6:02 am
RNE

If the statuesque Mrs. RNE were pregnant, I would of course let her have the business class seat...assuming the baby is mine, and/or we were flying to the Maury Povich Show to find out.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think there's a lot of erroneous usage of that term here. When CO talks about protecting the integrity of the BF cabin, they are talking about revenue integrity. If they were really trying to make the BF cabin a sanctuary from screaming children then they'd just ban kids under X years old outright. Of course that does nothing to protect the cabin from drunk obnoxious businessmen who like to defecate on carts.
By allowing two pax to purchase/upgrade into one BF seat and swap (once or repeatedly), they're missing out on the potential for two seat purchases/upgrades. So I can understand why CO might be inclined to disallow it.

Are you being facetious??? It's now "inconsiderate" to get up out of your seat?!? I could go so many places with this, but I won't.
EWR-TLV. Night flight. Dark cabin. People trying to sleep. Turn on Lite Brite and paint the word picture.

David Blaine couldn't sneak in and out of a seat seamlessly with 31" pitch. Add kids and an expecting mother to the mix...

If he can find an EWR-TLV with space avail to upgrade, 3-4 Row 16 seats together, and a day that meets his schedule and fare requirements, well the Cubs just won the World Series.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:27 am

Programs: Too many!
Originally Posted by RNE
If the statuesque Mrs. RNE were pregnant, I would of course let her have the business class seat...assuming the baby is mine, and/or we were flying to the Maury Povich Show to find out.
Let's just hope you hear... "You ARE the father!" <WHOOPING APPLAUSE>

On a sidenote, I think Maury uses AA for his guests.
Old May 31, 2007, 9:50 am

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
interesting. well, why is american now allowing coach passengers to use the first class lav? they changed about two months ago. how are they getting away with it?
No idea how they're getting away with it. We're among those who pay for the long-haul BF to be sure they get seated together (and don't have to ask someone to switch) and to be sure we get BF seats. So we wouldn't even consider buying AA tickets now.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by hausfrau
No idea how they're getting away with it. We're among those who pay for the long-haul BF to be sure they get seated together (and don't have to ask someone to switch) and to be sure we get BF seats. So we wouldn't even consider buying AA tickets now.
Are you seriously saying that you would not fly AA because they let someone from coach use the first class toilet? Plenty of reasons to choose CO over AA for long-haul, but this? The whole discussion of being seated together suggests that maybe you are confused, perhaps?
Old May 31, 2007, 10:17 am

Programs: CO
No, I think it's indicative of the type of service. I have absolutely no problem with people coming up front when the back aisle is blocked, especially older people (some might think I am one of those myself now ) or children. But our last domestic flight we upgraded (gotta love a husband's FF status.) About every half hour for the whole 3 1/2 hour flight, a very large woman who obviously was bulkhead seats in Y for health problems, yanked herself up the aisle by pulling the seatbacks of both aisle seats while gasping for air to the front lav. I felt bad for her, and it was only a few hours during the day, but when AA announced this "improvement" all I could imagine was heading to Europe or the Middle East and getting a parade of that annoyance all night.

We do go paid BF for those trips, and it is expensive!
Old May 31, 2007, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hausfrau
With all due respect, you're making a mountain from a molehill here, assisted by fly co to see the yanks' mistaken interpretation of AA's policy change.

AA didn't suddenly invite and encourage Y pax to use J/C and F lavs earlier this year. All AA did was to end its systemwide ban on crossing between cabins when the TSA rules only required (and still require) the announcements on inbound international flights.

You're free not to fly AA. No skin off my nose. But your decisons really shouldn't be guided by someone's mistaken analysis.
Old May 31, 2007, 12:53 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I think ya'll should get all the details before berating the OP for not giving his wife the BF seat. Perhaps she is two months pregnant and perhaps the OP has a condition that necessitates the need for a more comfy seat.
Old May 31, 2007, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FWAAA
With all due respect, you're making a mountain from a molehill here, assisted by fly co to see the yanks' mistaken interpretation of AA's policy change.
why did you boldface my screenname?

is the interpretation any different if you left it in normal font?

jake jarmel wouldn't approve.
Old May 31, 2007, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by fly co to see the yanks
jake jarmel wouldn't approve.
Agreed!!!
Old May 31, 2007, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
EWR-TLV. Night flight. Dark cabin. People trying to sleep. Turn on Lite Brite and paint the word picture.

David Blaine couldn't sneak in and out of a seat seamlessly with 31" pitch. Add kids and an expecting mother to the mix...
So now the expectant mother that has to pee every hour can't get up from her seat because it would be too disruptive?!?! I mean, seriously...

If someone is really that averse to being disrupted, then they should pick a window seat or a middle seat in the center section. It's a fact of life that people have to get out of their seats every so often. Now we're supposed to differentiate among the various reasons why they might get up?
Old May 31, 2007, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by james318
I think ya'll should get all the details before berating the OP for not giving his wife the BF seat. Perhaps she is two months pregnant and perhaps the OP has a condition that necessitates the need for a more comfy seat.
Sorry, but wifey should always get the better seat Mr. Baglady is almost a foot taller than I, but would never, ever, let me sit in the back while he is up front. It's in the prenup
Old May 31, 2007, 6:19 pm

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
Pregnant wife in BF with me in Y = waste of 9 hours of free booze.

Pregnant wife in Y with me in BF = waste of 9 MONTHS of my happiness.
Old May 31, 2007, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by farenthold
Pregnant wife in BF with me in Y = waste of 9 hours of free booze.

Pure poetry
Old May 31, 2007, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United Plat
Originally Posted by farenthold
Just 9 months? I was thinking more like a lifetime

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.