Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO operations in BOS moving to terminal A [threads merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO operations in BOS moving to terminal A [threads merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by xyzzy
I don't think CO would stand for that. CO is agreeing to the move and Massport is paying for it. I'm sure that whatever club CO ends up with at BOS there will still be free WiFi.
CO is moving because Massport signed an agreement with JetBlue to provide us with 11 gates in our side of the C Terminal. We currently have 8. CO has 2 gates and Midwest has 1 that are inside our wing. CO would have been forced to reduce their gates if they did not move.
Old May 17, 2007, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by PforPlatinum
Isn't this a retaliation from Massport regarding Wi-Fi war ?
Moving CO to terminal A will force current PC closure.
Then by not allowing conversion of CRC to PC, they can get rid of free Wi-Fi they wanted to kill over years...
The two DL Crown Rooms at BOS offer free wi-fi to members as a result of the CO deal.
Old May 17, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
Originally Posted by mersk862
The two DL Crown Rooms at BOS offer free wi-fi to members as a result of the CO deal.
^ ^
Old May 17, 2007, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mersk862
But still no access to AX PLT cardholders flying on CO. It would be nice to see a club co-branded similar to the CO/NW club at ORD. Otherwise CO will likely lose my BOS business (admittedly I haven't flown to BOS in 4 years, so not much business) to DL flights credited to CO so as to retain access.

S.
Old May 17, 2007, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
ahh I remember the good 'ole days when I first got to MIT, CO in A. it was a very 'airy' terminal. It was nice being away from all the traffic of the main terminals. B and C are a mess. D is in limbo and E is half nice and half old and yucky, and the dungeon worldclub. Nice club back then, the agents are awesome. I think I lucked out between BOS and SFO having some of the best club agents in the system.

It would be nice to have a joint CRC/Pclub ala ORD.

An interesting thing to add... SFO-BOS n/s.... I know there's a lot of traffic between the two, and though CO doesn't do p2p, its heavy business, lots of paid F. Would be a nice flight.
Old May 17, 2007, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by entropy
An interesting thing to add... SFO-BOS n/s.... I know there's a lot of traffic between the two, and though CO doesn't do p2p, its heavy business, lots of paid F. Would be a nice flight.
UA dominates this route and AA picks up the crumbs. DL failed with Song, mainline and a focus city in BOS, so it's doubtful CO could be successful.
Old May 17, 2007, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
DL failed with Song
CO != DL or AA.

Its not my #1 priority, so its not *that* important but DL's "focus" in BOS was FLL/PBI... hardly $$$ traffic. SFO/BOS are 2 of the largest high/biotech hubs in the world.
Old May 17, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MileagePlus, HiltonHonors
CO had better have a PClub, or at least co-brand one with DL. This AMEX Plat. who flies out of BOS regularly will be plenty peeved if they don't, and it seems to me that CO would be handing DL an advantage in the lucrative NYC-BOS market if CO does not have a lounge.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:05 pm

Thumbs down No Boston Presidents Club In Terminal A

I have a question and I'm trying to find out who can give me an honest answer. I have been a Life time member of the Continental Airlines Presidents Club for over 16 years. And the only reason that I joined it was because of the staff in Boston and Newark. I have been very Happy with the club up until now. Nothing against the girls or the Clubs. I heard that Continental Airlines will be moving from terminal C in Boston which is the top club in the country to me!!!! Back over to terminal A and rumor has it that there not buliding a P-Club in terminal A. How can Continental Airlines do this to all of it's memebers that has stuck by them for all of these years? I Don't know about you guys that fly between Newark and Boston every week but the club in Boston is always packed. If Continental doesn't put in a club I will be changing Airlines and not to Delta I would rather drive the 5 hours up and back. The only reason why I bought a lifetime membership was to enjoy the club and Continental Airlines!!!!!! Or if we need to send a letter to the Chairman and wake Larry up please include me to your list!

Thanks
Herb Smith

Last edited by HSmarlin; May 18, 2007 at 2:22 pm
Old May 18, 2007, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
President's Club members will have full access to the two Crown Room Clubs operated by Delta in Terminal A.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Maybe they'll keep the Terminal C PC open for members awaiting JetBlue flights
Old May 18, 2007, 2:15 pm

Continental Airlines The Best

I'm Very Sorry but Delta Airlines and their Crown Clubs don't even come close to Continental Airlines and their Presidents Clubs. This has to be a Joke! If anyone believes that they will look out for Continental Airlines flight members I have a bridge for sale!!!!!!!! Wake up Continental Airlines !!!!!!!!!

Herb Smith
Old May 18, 2007, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
The biggest thing to be missed--IMHO--is free WiFi...especially after CO successfully battled MassPort in court over the right to provide it.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:31 pm
Suspended

They have nice specialyu cocktails in the afternoon,business traveller magazine,my favorite mag. Computers and putting green.
Old May 18, 2007, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I think it is way to early to jump to conclusions on this. I would expect to see free WiFi at whatever replacement club is used in BOS, whether it is a CO club, a DL club, or a shared club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.