Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Feb 28, 06, 1:12 pm   #1

Programs: UA-PG, SPG-Gold, HH-Silver, Sixt-Plat
IAH: Check-in Online for Domestic Flight-Gate in Term E; Do you have to go to Term C?

I have a question about IAH.....

If you check-in online (OLCI) and you know that your gate is in Term E; do you have to drop your bags at Term C? If you showed up at Term E with boarding pass; would they deny you bag check at Term E and force you to take the 1970s Interterminal Train back to Term C?

I just think it is absolutely silly that if you check in online and you know you are in Term E that YOU MUST got to Term C to drop bags...

Further, if you have NO BAGS to check and you do OLCI can you clear security in Term E?

- HF
Old Feb 28, 06, 1:39 pm   #2

I've never dropped bags, but I always do OLCI and always, even if flying out of C, clear security in E. The lines are much better, in my experience and it lets me out nearer Pappasitos.

To do it by car, you have to follow the "international departure" terminal E signs driving. I've never had a problem clearing security in E with a C BP.
Old Feb 28, 06, 1:40 pm   #3

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
I have a question about IAH.....

If you check-in online (OLCI) and you know that your gate is in Term E; do you have to drop your bags at Term C? If you showed up at Term E with boarding pass; would they deny you bag check at Term E and force you to take the 1970s Interterminal Train back to Term C?

I just think it is absolutely silly that if you check in online and you know you are in Term E that YOU MUST got to Term C to drop bags...

Further, if you have NO BAGS to check and you do OLCI can you clear security in Term E?

- HF
I know for sure you can clear security w/o checked bags, I've done it many times. As far as checking I can't imagine why not there are plenty of stations and agents. As a matter of fact I plan to do this on Saturday morning regardless of what concourse we are leaving from. I have never encountered a line in E but the rest of the airport will be a zoo as spring break starts.
Old Feb 28, 06, 1:42 pm   #4

Programs: CO GOld, HHonors Diamond
You can check in/check bags/clear security in either C or E or flights in either terminal. I prefer to go in at E since lines are shorter and once you're through security you just walk to the right to get in the best President's Club.
Old Feb 28, 06, 1:42 pm   #5

Programs: CO Silver DL Plat
Have checked in at E with no problems in the past, both with and without bags to check.