Community
Wiki Posts
Search

President's Club Meetings

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

If any FTers are going to be ex EWR Term C toomorrow around 2PMish, I would be happy to invite them in as my guest.

Dan
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
While I like the community spirit here, the thought of having a new thread each time a FTer visits a PC is a bit much.

Could we create a single thread for PC admittance and people post their availability there?
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:12 pm

By popular demand here is the one and only thread to arrange meetings at the various President's Clubs through out the world. Maybe if we did something in a simple format such as the following:

Date-------Location----------Time

This is a work in progress and I am open to suggestions. But please do limit President's Club invitations, and requests to this thread. I will leave it sticky for a bit and see how it goes. ^

Last edited by umguy; Apr 11, 2005 at 10:14 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 9:18 pm

Programs: CO-Silv; PClub, UA, AA, US, DL, Marr.-Silv.,
4/14/05...IAH Main P Club...6-8 PMish.

Last edited by WxBear; Apr 12, 2005 at 9:21 pm
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA (ExPlat).DL,UA Hertz (Pres Circle); Avis (First), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by umguy
By popular demand here is the one and only thread to arrange meetings at the various President's Clubs through out the world. Maybe if we did something in a simple format such as the following:

Date-------Location----------Time

This is a work in progress and I am open to suggestions. But please do limit President's Club invitations, and requests to this thread. I will leave it sticky for a bit and see how it goes. ^

4/22/05 DFW 11:00am - 12:00 ish
Old Apr 13, 2005, 9:03 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
EWR Mon., Apr. 18, 2005 2:45

arrive at EWR from tpa, let me know which EWR PC you want and i'll get you in or i'll meet you there!

Last edited by castle; Apr 15, 2005 at 7:31 pm Reason: added info
Old Apr 14, 2005, 5:18 am

FLL 4/19 Arrive 2:47 ish.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
How about adding something about # guests you can also get in and how to identify you?

Perhaps:

Date----Location----Time----# guests you can accomodate---anything identifying

I have a NW WC membership, but will gladly post here as I hit PCs to offer guests access.

Last edited by divrdrew; Apr 15, 2005 at 1:01 pm
Old Apr 15, 2005, 2:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
4/15 (Today) - EWR Terminal A - 5:30ish - 7ish

Anyone want to meet up (I'll buy you a drink at the PC )? This minor knows better than to try the PCs at EWR...

-Vincent

Last edited by vincom; Apr 15, 2005 at 2:32 pm
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

4/26/2005-LAX Airport T6 8:30AMish to 10:00AMish-2 guests.

Dan
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:16 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by umguy
I will leave it sticky for a bit and see how it goes. ^
But should this really be a sticky? Somehow I think it is an abuse of the sticky status.

Recruiting occasional free entrants into the PC is certainly not an issue of that great importance on the CO board - I can think of several previous threads that would be far more useful and important as sticky references that have not been granted such status.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by ani90
But should this really be a sticky? Somehow I think it is an abuse of the sticky status.

Recruiting occasional free entrants into the PC is certainly not an issue of that great importance on the CO board - I can think of several previous threads that would be far more useful and important as sticky references that have not been granted such status.
Feel free to PM the moderators regarding this. As umguy said, this is an experiment.

Regarding the topic of this thread...

I'll be at the PC near gate 74 on April 17 from ~5pm-6pm. PM me if you need to get in!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Personally, I really like this concept as it allows me to make the full use of my PClub membership.

I am paying for the right to bring in two guests with me and I rarely if ever am traveling with somebody who is not a member themselves. Thus, by bringing guests into the club I am making better use of my money. Added to that, I am helping the FT community which has given so much to me, it my little way of giving back.

Dan
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:15 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
Personally, I really like this concept as it allows me to make the full use of my PClub membership..............

Added to that, I am helping the FT community which has given so much to me, it my little way of giving back.

Dan
I totally agree with this. It is definitely better than using plat status to upgrade a stranger over other onepass members. I think I use the guest option less than 10% of the time.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:39 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I also support leaving this as a sticky - it helps fellow FTers (who aren't PC members), and it sure is better than a new thread every time someone generously offers to get others in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.