Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Currency

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum; MP 1K
Continental Currency

I did a search but couldn't find an answer.
What's going to happen to all those vouchers we have?
I have a lot of those w/o expiration date (I was using the newest ones).
Are still valid? Should I throw them?
Anybody knows?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, AC Elite, Global Entry
Use them quick - soon will be just like the green back - worthless
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:56 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rwsteelers
Has this be verified? The threads I've read haven't concluded anything about the future of the drink chits from either carrier.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Hyatt Gold Passport
I have four of these that I can't use with an expiration date of 1/31. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can mail them out. I'd rather someone use them instead of go to waste!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anotherlincoln
I have four of these that I can't use with an expiration date of 1/31. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can mail them out. I'd rather someone use them instead of go to waste!
You have a PM. And a big thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro (LTG), Marriott Titanium (LTG), HH Diamond
I came here to start a thread about these vouchers; what a coincidence.

I have 8 of these. 4 of them expire 1/31/2012 and the other 4 don't have an expiration date printed. I don't have any CO flights planned this month so, like anotherlincoln did, I'll offer them up to anybody who can put them to good use.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by chriseng

I have 8 of these. 4 of them expire 1/31/2012 and the other 4 don't have an expiration date printed. I don't have any CO flights planned this month so, like anotherlincoln did, I'll offer them up to anybody who can put them to good use.
I sent you a PM. I only requested 2 of them so you have a few more to go around(trying not to be an alcoholic ). Thank you!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I know coupon connection is a better place for this but I also have a couple with a 1/31 expiration that I'm happy to drop in the mail to someone.

Edit: They're gone folks

Last edited by TommyC80; Jan 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rwsteelers
Please provide any support you have for your assertion - or is just a personal opinion?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by chriseng

I seem to recall they are being accepted on UA flights now, if you happen to have any before 1/31.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Pick me!! Pick me!!

Thanks to the generous souls for providing such a spirited start to the new year.

Should any still be available, would appreciate 2 (or more!) for a trip to FCO next Wednesday.

Please send pm, I'll respond w/ address. I also promise to drink to your health.

(For those w/ undated ones, suggest holding on to 'em - they should be good for a few years, but if you fear they will go to waste, I'll promise to use 'em up. Have also had success using outdated ones, so don't discard 'em in any event)
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
United coupons accepted on CO?

Have probably 5-6 extra United coupons expiring 1/31 and am wondering if they're accepted on CO. I plan on passing 'em out on flight to Lost Wages 1/26.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:16 pm

Can anyone confirm they're actually going to be worthless soon? If so, everyone in the first couple of rows on my flight to New York tomorrow is going to be smashed. I got the upgrade already so I can't use them myself, but they definitely are going to get used by someone.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I have exactly 2 CO drink coupons remaining which expire 1/30/12.

Not flying on CO or UA at all this month, so no use to me.

Therefore the 1st person to PM me with a mailing address can have them, should you wish to save yourself $14 in booze money.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
I have about 8 left, but I'm going to be handing them out to any military folks that I run into.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.