Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Targeted Offer: Presidential Plus Annual Fee Waived

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted Offer: Presidential Plus Annual Fee Waived

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Just found a targeted email from June 2010 inviting me to get this card. Link and offer code still worked! Have to wait for a response, but glad to skip a year's club access costs with this promotion.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Just found a targeted email from June 2010 inviting me to get this card. Link and offer code still worked! Have to wait for a response, but glad to skip a year's club access costs with this promotion.
Just curious, what email addy did the offer come from? I have TONS of saved email, and rather than going through it one by one, it would be easier to sort it by email addy...

Robin
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Continental Airlines, Inc. <[email protected]>

Subject - "FirstNameHere", Start Experiencing Blue Carpet Treatment
Old Apr 6, 2011, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Continental Airlines, Inc. <[email protected]>

Subject - "FirstNameHere", Start Experiencing Blue Carpet Treatment
Thanks, makes it easier to find!

Robin
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
Smile

Originally Posted by Red_Rob
6) Future upgrades on reward tickets (I dont use miles for domestic anyway so of little value)
The future is now:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ow-effect.html
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I got the same offer and pulled the trigger on this last week but got a message stating further processing required - you will hear from us in 30 days or something to that effect. Checked my online account and card showed up ^. I usually fly around 10-15K on CO which is just enough to be a pain in butt due to lack of status (will now do the status challenge with my flight later this month).

I am thinking that if I shift all flights to CO and spending on this card I will at a minimum maintan silver (no need for a mileage run) and with Flex EQM, Gold every few years. The price is a bit steep, but I am sure I can justify it by passing on some other crap I would have pi$$ed away the $395.00 on. The benefits are not bad either - got two family trips coming up so the lounge access should/may/will come in handy and the bonus miles (planning on going to the Olympics in style next summer) a plus. Anyway, I've one year to test this card and its benefits - oh I wish AA would come up with a Premium Card.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 7:38 pm

For me, this offer came in the regular mail a few days ago. A big envelope with a fancy 12 page brochure. Just like the email offers others have received, it also is targeted - the cover letter said to apply at continentalpresplus.com and provided an invitation number.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
So an update on this, I've just spoken with Chase and they said that if a current Platinum customer gets a copy of the email promotion that was mailed out that they will honor it and waive the first year's fee.

Can anyone that received it post the text on this forum?
Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
The alternative is pay directly for the PresClub membership and get a cash back card. Depending on your flight and airport patterns, if you're not going to use the Club that often and travel alone, it might be better to pay per use of the Club.
What's the cash back card?

PPlus is great about no forex fees, but the $395 fee is pricey. For international, I got a Capital One Venture card, with no fee and no forex fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.