Wiki Posts
Search

737-900 seat 11A No Window

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
737-900 seat 11A No Window

My flight to FLL was a 737-900. I have been on 900's before but sat in the Baulkhead of FC. I was sitting in seat 11D and noticed seat 11A had not window just the wall. But on my side, 11F had a window. I said to my self whoever had the 11A may be disappointed with no window. The aircraft boards, was a very slow process, the plane was full. After a while hear comes a niice family a women to 2 little boys talking who would take the window, the mom says 1 boy could have the window on this flight, the other one could have it on the return. The kids were excited as I was when I was little flying. Sure enough, they had seats 11A,B and C and were shocked at no window and one kid was crying. The FA said to be seated as it was time to depart and they would try and reseat after take-off. The people in another row did trade seats after take-off so the kids were happy.
Why no window at seat 11A on a 739. Are there any other type of aircraft like this. Also, the seat map on the system shows a window at seat 11A, actually it is a wall seat.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:52 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
I'd guess there is some sort of conduit for wiring or tubing running up the wall in that area.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: CO PresPlat, UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Fairmont Premier, BA Silver, AVIS PresCircle
or maybe it had been once configured with a mid cabin galley/closet/toilet?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Are there any other type of aircraft like this.
Check out seatguru.com. Lots of planes around with misaligned windows.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by danville 1K
I'd guess there is some sort of conduit for wiring or tubing running up the wall in that area.
air conditioning riser duct, if I recall from my Boeing Flight Test days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.