Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 25, 10, 2:16 pm   #1

Programs: RC Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, UA 1K, VX Gold
Preferred seat on CO 737-800?

Which seat do CO road warriors prefer on the 737-800? (the one without the lav between F / E)

Seat 7A or Seat 21A? SG has them both as green.

Typically, bulkhead cramps my legs because I can not stretch them out. SG says there is a bulkhead cutout that allows 7A to stretch their legs...

I would prefer to be closer to the front, but if there is not really ELR, then I will likely go with the Exit Row.

Let me know what you think.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Con..._737-800_B.php

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 10, 2:29 pm   #2

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - Plat
I'm a fan of the exit rows because there is more room for the people in the middle and window seats to step over me. IIRC, 7 has the curtain so you can put your feet under the F seat, but there isn't as much room for you to step over people to get to the aisle. Not a big deal on short/mid flights, but could get annoying on t-cons.
Old Oct 25, 10, 2:31 pm   #3
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
7ABC:

I like 7C:
Old Oct 25, 10, 3:52 pm   #4

Thanks!
Old Oct 25, 10, 4:48 pm   #5

Programs: UA 1K/COPlat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Platinum
7D, 21D so I can sit in the aisle, and on the starboard side of the a/c so I can look out the window and not have my view of the ground ops blocked by a jetway

<--Nerd
Old Oct 25, 10, 5:35 pm   #6

Programs: 1K | Marriott Plat
i scored 7C last night on a return from IAH to DCA.... not a bad seat at all. i checked in 24 hours out and saw that someone else already pulled the trigger for 7D. the curtain can be kindov annoying though.
Old Oct 26, 10, 9:21 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkSFO View Post
Which seat do CO road warriors prefer on the 737-800? (the one without the lav between F / E)
Easy answer. Anything in rows 1-4. Row 5 also works in the mid-cabin lav configuration.
Old Oct 26, 10, 10:40 am   #8

Programs: SPG(PLT), Hyatt(Diamond), Hertz(5*), UA(1K)
7C/7D is what i always shoot for.
Old Oct 26, 10, 6:45 pm   #9

Thanks again everyone! (Fortunately, I did score row 3 upgrade on the longer leg of my flights today.)

For the other leg, I chose 7A and found it excellent for economy. This really was ELR - I could stretch my legs as far out as I wanted - with the bulkhead cutout I could put my feet under the 4th row F seat... Plus, nobody reclining in front of me...

So, on this configuration at least, I think you can't go wrong with 7A or 7F (if you like window seats) or 7C / 7D if you like aisles.
Old Oct 26, 10, 6:49 pm   #10

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT 1K, Avis First/PC, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Concierge
I prefer 21C or D. Table is in seat back of seat in front. It pulls towards you. 7C and D are narrower - because the tray table is in the armrest.
Old Oct 26, 10, 7:08 pm   #11

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
If I can't get 1A , it's 7D for me, always. Plenty of legroom and a place for me to stash my purse under 4E.
Old Oct 26, 10, 7:55 pm   #12

Programs: AA, UA, WN
I got 7C on a recent Continental flight. The best part was 7A and 7B were empty (a rarity) so I could move over to 7A during the flight and see out the window. Got stuck in 34D on the return flight.
Old Oct 26, 10, 8:04 pm   #13

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
1A only!
Old Dec 31, 10, 7:38 am   #14

7D always blocked on 737's?

Little bit of an old thread but I was wondering if anyone here knows why 7D is always blocked on 737-800 and if so, when is it released? I'm Plat so I can pre-select any other seat in row 7. I'm flying EWR-ORD.
Old May 1, 11, 5:55 pm   #15

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz PC
On 737-800 with live TV and PTVs (most of them by now I guess) - where are screens located in bulkhead row 7? Are they mounted on the divider between F and Y?

I'd expect them to be there, but SG has a comment that "screen may be difficult to see", although I expect that's outdated info based on overhead screens.