Teh Penalty Box

Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I are such a geek. Haz been watching Battlestar Galactica on Netflix lately. It is surprisingly addictive.

Was never a huge fan of Star Trek or Stargate or similar shows, but this series is oddly compelling. It's pretty dark.
While Captain Picard is the only captain for me, Mrs. Mackie was into Stargate so I watched a few of those and they were ok, but I never could get into BSG.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mackieman
I never could get into BSG.
It isn't as "sanitized" as other Syfy () shows I've seen. There's genocide, treason, plenty of fighting/gore, and plenty of sex (both human/human and human/Canadian). It's more like Starship Troopers than Starship Enterprise.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:23 pm

I are such a geek. Haz been watching Battlestar Galactica on Netflix lately. It is surprisingly addictive.

Was never a huge fan of Star Trek or Stargate or similar shows, but this series is oddly compelling. It's pretty dark.
I assume you mean the new one rather than the original featuring Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch, and the pre-A-team Dirk Benedict. (I actually saw the pilot in a movie theater featuring Sensurround )
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Phudnik
I assume you mean the new one rather than the original featuring Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch, and the pre-A-team Dirk Benedict. (I actually saw the pilot in a movie theater featuring Sensurround )
Aye. I haz never seen teh original.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It isn't as "sanitized" as other Syfy () shows I've seen. There's genocide, treason, plenty of fighting/gore, and plenty of sex (both human/human and human/Canadian). It's more like Starship Troopers than Starship Enterprise.
I'm told the human/Canadian flavor can be rather intriguing.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Wow looks like I missed the drama in here earlier (just read four pages of posts to get up-to-date).

Afternoon, Box.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
belynch and others around here seem to enjoy it.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Canadian Model No. 6

Left to Right, Canadian Model Nos. 3, 6, 8
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Left to Right, Canadian Model Nos. 3, 6, 8
All quality examples. I have several others that I can't go get right now because I'm at work.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
I just made some Dunkin at home and it tastes more like store Dunkin that I remember. ^:-:
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I swear on all that is good and decent that if I delayed BBQ Thursday until 2PM for this 1:30PM meeting and no one shows up that there are some ribs somewhere that are going to pay dearly.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amtrak Acela or CO to BOS for work next month? I can't decide.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Amtrak Acela or CO to BOS for work next month? I can't decide.
Shuttle.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I swear on all that is good and decent that if I delayed BBQ Thursday until 2PM for this 1:30PM meeting and no one shows up that there are some ribs somewhere that are going to pay dearly.
^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Shuttle.
Still want to try teh Shuttle, myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.