Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
MR booked! CLE-IAH-(SEA)-ANC-SEA-CLE. 7/30-7/31
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by fozz
I am in YVR headed back to PHL after my first PHL-YVR run. I couldn't stay at the Hyatt last night as the trains start running too late. The Westin at the airport was quite nice and had a lounge.
Ah -- so will you catch the WC final?

I will be using a BWB night when I do mu PHL-YVR run in a couple of wks!^
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Nice!^
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by fozz
MackieMan before I forget, I will have to pass on the bday invite. I believe I'll be doing a few ANC runs that weekend.
Originally Posted by monitor
We will lift a glass to Mackieman down here in Florida on 21Aug as we prepare for our trip to ANC.
It will most assuredly be less of a party without you guys, but we will solider on.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Scott6067
I kinda feel like a traiter to CO as I keep check the difference in prices on DL and CO due to the 10K per trip bonus miles and double MQMs outta BNA!
Money talks. Remember: Teh Brick does not love you!

I'm looking at DL bookings as well. Sad, but true. Then again, I am burning vouchers for most of them.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
That's my justification for checking it.

Still wonder how some people pack for a week into 22" case along with running shoes. Shoes take up so much room even when you fill them with socks.
The real question is what else you are packing. We did 10 days in Scotland in 22" bags without too much trouble.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackieman
It will most assuredly be less of a party without you guys, but we will solider on.
Am so behind on the BX -- but probably won't be able to join in the festivities, either !
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
That's my justification for checking it.

Still wonder how some people pack for a week into 22" case along with running shoes. Shoes take up so much room even when you fill them with socks.
I can pack for a week easily in a 22" case even with a pair of size 14s in there. I use lightweight pants and lightweight shirts (dress shirts rolled up are very compact as well). I think the key is the packing, I make 2 layers of tightly rolled shirts, if possible a tightly rolled layer of pants, then I fold the shoes down as flat as I can get (i.e. don't stuff with socks makes them taller something trying to avoid, I do however put them each in a grocery sack to isolate them and protect clean clothes). I then pack around the shoes with more standard folded clothing to even up the level of the zipper around the luggage.

What is harder is getting them all back if dirty It seems impossible to me to fold/roll dirty clothes to the level of clean. So keeping that in mind I normally find a way to take home clean clothes, be it washing service, laudromat etc It also prevents extra work once I get home in cleanup, always a welcome thing.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by sbm12
The real question is what else you are packing. We did 10 days in Scotland in 22" bags without too much trouble.
Vacation is easy to pack for. I can fit every thing for this trip into my 20" bag provided I don't bring sneakers. I usually get in trouble with toiletries since they are the last thing packed.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Vacation is easy to pack for. I can fit every thing for this trip into my 20" bag provided I don't bring sneakers.
wear sneakers pack sandals?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Sounds good.....what is the FT significance of the brackets around SEA?
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I usually get in trouble with toiletries since they are the last thing packed.
I don't have any issue here, I use everything only sized for the week, or I don't take at all and buy at location at a reasonably priced place where I stop to buy a drink anyway.

I have gotten to where for toothbrush and paste I will only travel with a colgate wisp, and in a pinch I can reuse that with some toothpaste or baking soda to brush if I can't find a local buy place quickly.

I normally carry eye drops and deodorant in my laptop bag, and have never been stopped by the gestopo when in the US, if you are going elsewhere maybe different. in fact i carry a 2pack of wisps there as well...
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
Sounds good.....what is the FT significance of the brackets around SEA?
It is a 'direct' flight that stops in SEA but doesn't count to CO.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:31 am

Vacation is easy to pack for. I can fit every thing for this trip into my 20" bag provided I don't bring sneakers. I usually get in trouble with toiletries since they are the last thing packed.
Well, my packing for vacations and work isn't much different, especially in this case. I had a few pairs of pants, a few long sleeved shirts and sufficient underwear/socks to make it through the trip. Actually were it a work trip I'd have likely packed thinner pants (wool v denim) so it would've packed easier. If you have to wear suits it gets harder, but otherwise it shouldn't be too bad.

Toiletries are a very small part of my kit. And it is a dedicated bag that never leaves my suitcase.

The trip I thought I'd be booking UA/B6 on was switched to CO. Looks like they finally decided to join the rest of the world and be reasonably competitive in the NYC-LAX market. Still at the upper end of what I consider reasonable for the route ($390 r/t) but way better than it had been in previous weeks and the times are the ones I wanted. Oh, and reclining exit row both ways.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Good morning Box. I am up early for no apparent reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.