Teh Penalty Box

Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
There's a bad transformer down the street. It goes at the slightest bit of dampness. Power was restored around 1:30 PM based on the blinking clocks.
That stinks.....hope you're feeling better.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
I have never tried Whataburger, and had my first ever Sonic experience this evening.

I had the chicken strip wrap and was seriously underwhelmed. I found it bland and tasteless.

Needless to say, I will not become a Sonic regular!

Nor any fast food joint for that matter!

And, I'm annoyed that I allowed MissTeenBrit to talk me into taking her.... I used 13 weightwatchers points on that rubbish
Sonic's burgers are good, and their breakfast burrito options are worth trying.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
I'm in the mood to fly somewhere in the next few days (with the exception of Sat - Sun due to a gig and the Futbol game). Any unpublished MR's on anyone's radar?? Headed to PHX with Ms. GadFly on 2/14 but I could use some "me" time on the road.....not traveling for work is really wearing on me.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I took this as a legitimate list until I saw "Sonic" at number 4 And that comes from someone who lives in a city of 120,000 residents and six Sonics.
Yeah.. he lost me at Sonic too.

I see. Well in my defense:

(a) my post was tongue in cheek

(b) I have never, in my 2yrs in the Box, been to the UA forum so the only place I have seen $misek is here in the box

(c) to quote Starwood Lurker: Opinions are likes noses. We all have them. Or something like that .....

And, anyone who knows me, knows that I am a CO girl through and through and so wouldn't make a post like that unless it was tongue in cheek.

Defensiveness off.

No need to defend yourself at all.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:31 pm

It's official...SAVE THE DATE!

WAS Cherry Blossom Festivus DO [APRIL 1-3, 2011]
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Got this on Facebook. Thought yall would like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r10wAV9rZKM&feature=fvw
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by ande777emt
No Fuddruckers or Ruby Tuesdays?

I'll putt Kopp's as my top fast food burger, but it's limited to WI. Comparing Kopp's to Sonic is like comparing OZ to NK. World'

I have yet to do AZ, AM, CZ, or KQ
I don't consider Ruby Tuesday a fast food chain. Just a restaurant chain that focuses on Burgers. Fuddruckers I only had once and it was at DCA Airport...It was decent...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by ande777emt
No Fuddruckers or Ruby Tuesdays?

I'll putt Kopp's as my top fast food burger, but it's limited to WI. Comparing Kopp's to Sonic is like comparing OZ to NK. World's best custard as well.
omg! I LOVE Kopp's. Cherry Amaretto Cheesecake custard is the best!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Think the madness will be clear by Friday evening or is a Saturday AM flight a safer bet? I don't have experience with how long Texans tend to lose their minds...
You are now one of us...
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by usa18dca
Thanks ryan. Now I can go!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I have never tried Whataburger, and had my first ever Sonic experience this evening.

I had the chicken strip wrap and was seriously underwhelmed. I found it bland and tasteless.

Needless to say, I will not become a Sonic regular!

Nor any fast food joint for that matter!

And, I'm annoyed that I allowed MissTeenBrit to talk me into taking her.... I used 13 weightwatchers points on that rubbish
My wife is a fan of the cherry limeade chiller. It's usually bought between 2-4 pm.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
omg! I LOVE Kopp's. Cherry Amaretto Cheesecake custard is the best!
I'm glad there's two of us in teh box who've enjoyed one of the best burgers imaginable.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
Thanks ryan. Now I can go!
Figured it would work out better since there's an awesome Cruise with Fireworks on the 2nd!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Sonic's burgers are good, and their breakfast burrito options are worth trying.
Whataburger has better breakfast burrito's, hands down. Don't forget the picante.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
+1
+TOD!!

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE
Catching up on the Box while I'm on this ridiculous 3 hour call.

Sorry to hear about your fiasco, belynch. That really sucks. But it's a good reminder for all of us to keep an eye on our junk.
One agent was on the phone with the support desk today for 4 hours. Supervisors finally over-rode the system and did a improper rebook. UGH! And people say CO is the only one with long hold times for customers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.