Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
What shepards do when they're bored.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Thought you meant United Express = UX..
No worries; I am very familiar with United Express, since (1) UA has replaced a lot of PHL-ORD and vv with CR7s, and (2) they are the only part of United that ever seems to upgrade me

Originally Posted by photog72
If Dr. photog72 gets a job in DC, we'll have to make this decision a lot, as my in-laws live in BOS (and Newton). We'll also have to consider trips by das auto, as we'll have two children to deal with.
There is not enough to describe my thoughts about driving from DC to Boston with two children. That's nearly seven hours, up I-95 about half of the way (assuming you do the sensible thing and take the Tappan Zee and 287 around NYC).

WN and B6 fly BWI-BOS. There is no need to torture yourself in the car.

Originally Posted by mwg25
Le Meridien = the one SPG brand which I haz not, as of now. Was going to get it in LCY this summer but couldn't pass up the opportunity to try the brand-new W which is opening next month.
The LM SF is a super-nice hotel and well worth staying in. The LM Dallas North is also pleasant and surprisingly inexpensive. There is one now in Philadelphia; I haven't stayed there, but I think jrzyshawn has.

As a brand it is less overtly hip than the W, but it is a step up from a Westin.

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
No combination of pain-free body movements combined to let me pick up Kovy's evening trip to the bathroom. This led to me looking at Copa Connection, who by this point is chortling while watching me, and saying a string of words I never thought I would say.

"Come help me. I can't reach the $hit."
Being a parent involves constantly saying things you thought you would never say. I guess owning a dog is the same way.

Last edited by Phudnik; Jan 27, 2011 at 5:49 pm
Old Jan 27, 2011, 5:59 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve GadFly
Guess we'll miss you unless you want to get there REALLY early (we've got a 7:30 departure). If you do come, I'd be happy to guest you.
Alas my choo-choo leaves my town at 7:22 so will look up and wave
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Phudnik
Being a parent involves constantly saying things you thought you would never say. I guess owning a dog is the same way.
:-:
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Originally Posted by Trustguy
We have arrived at JFK.
Woo. That took awhile. How long was your delay?

He did indeed and has corrected it. ps.
That stinks. Would rather you would have had the job.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by msv
Have a wonderful trip
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
You & me both! Progressing through the interview process at a couple places so hopefully I'm moving in the right direction.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by msv
Sorry we'll miss each other. See you on the 12th!

Safe travels!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
Woo. That took awhile. How long was your delay?

We were only delayed 90 minutes. Wow. Lots of snow here.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by colpuck
I can haz promotion.
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
In the news front for me, the job that I interviewed for last week is officially mine. So, the family and I will be relocating to the MSN area in the next couple of months. :-:
Congrats to the both of you.

Looks like Olton Hall and I are on for free cupcakes and EWR-MCO tomorrow morning. Because of the snow, CO1592 went from half-empty to and F is booked full.
3 empties now but I'm #21 out f 24 on the upgrade list.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
It's a cold day in hell when I'm too bummed out to want to go drinking at Keeley's...Sorry [B]sbm12[/B, me losing my phone has rly bummed me out....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:30 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Have a wonderful trip
Thx

Sorry we'll miss each other. See you on the 12th!

That's pretty iffy for me
Originally Posted by Trustguy
Wow. Lots of snow here.
You didn't believe us?

On a good news/bad news front I got my new toilet tonight and planned on having my plumber do this with the new faucet and redo the sad valves. It appears he has relocated to Ohio It took me forever to find a good and affordable plumber now I'm back to square one
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UDU is . Half the time I get upgraded, things seems to get stuck and the Economy seat map is still shown. I have a seat assignment in a front cabin, the class of service column is blank and I can't see the correct seat map. Do I just have bad luck or do other UA flyers see this often?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Trying to figure out how to install a custom ringtone on my droid x.....and trying....
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by theblakefish
Trying to figure out how to install a custom ringtone on my droid x.....and trying....
Copy the ring tone to the ringtones folder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.