Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
In a feeble attempt to get the train back on teh tracks...

Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
In a feeble attempt to get the train back on teh tracks...

That is at least 32 Courics.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Hartmann
I never said you weren't allowed in the exit row, I just questioned the ability to hear audible commands. You said that depending on the crew, you can hear them. I don't understand and that's why I pointed it out.
Have you tried listening to the Grannies on UA? It's like What? What? even without Deaf people onboard!

Originally Posted by sbm12
If you meet the requirement of being able to hear them without an aide other than a hearing aid then why would any crew have reason to deny you access to said row? Do you only have the hearing aid on for some crew members?

Of course, there was the CM flight attendants who accepted my "Si" as proof I spoke enough Spanish to sit in the exit row on PTY-MEX-PTY but that's a whole different (and rather entertaining) story.
To answer your question, whenever I fly for pleasure aka revenue I do not usually wear hearing aids because I'm usually sitting up Front or in a Bulkhead however whenever I am flying as an airline employee in my uniform I will wear the hearing aids to be compliant with the requirements for the Exit-Rows and Jumpseats per FAA Regulations.

What happened on the CM PTY-MEX-PTY I'm intrigued and otoh I'm going to Amsterdam for the weekend, flight look wide open so I'm packing my bag now for an 1400 departure to Dulles for the 1800ish flight so if any FTers are on it then awesome

Have a good weekend Box! or La Caja!
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Apparently the NFL's iron-fisted control of the term "Super Bowl" has extended to ESPN...every other time the crawl scrolls info, it is alternating between "Super Bowl" and "Pro Football Championship".

This is patently stupid.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by belynch
I have little faith in humanity too, which is why I added that everything should be consensual - and I suppose I should add, within the common standards of decency. There does need to be a limit.
Without dragging this further down the road to omni/pr, the bolded statement is where the crux is. One culture's standard of common decency extends to women going about in anything other than a burka, or to dancing or playing cards. Another's allows for public nudity. Who says who's decency is common?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WWTBD: Madre de Copa gave in and booked a PHL-SNA run. She is scheduled to do so on Monday, and she is Silver. Do you:

A) Show up and go flying, knowing that the flights will be packed.
B) Go bumprunning and hang out in teh RCC between flights (she's PPlus)
C) Play the trip in vain card somehow
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
WWTBD: Madre de Copa gave in and booked a PHL-SNA run. She is scheduled to do so on Monday, and she is Silver. Do you:

A) Show up and go flying, knowing that the flights will be packed.
B) Go bumprunning and hang out in teh RCC between flights (she's PPlus)
C) Play the trip in vain card somehow
B.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mackieman

Gilberto teh Grumpy Guanaco Approves of This Message ^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
the bolded statement is where the crux is.
Yup.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:03 pm

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by mwg25

Except for today, it seems. Or other occasions where I'm sitting at a computer for more than an hour without a short-term deadline.

Time to walk home, dig out the car, and head to the bank and post office.
I've been embracing the multi-quote lately too. Seems like my Box time has been somewhat limited as of late.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
I've been embracing soul-imperiling heresy lately too. Seems like my Box time has been somewhat limited as of late.
Fixed.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Fixed.
:-:
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackieman
:-:
Looks like just one moar flight should get your FM tally over 100K. ^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
Looks like just one moar flight should get your FM tally over 100K. ^
Yep, a planned excursion to CLE will fix that. ^
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I are such a geek. Haz been watching Battlestar Galactica on Netflix lately. It is surprisingly addictive.

Was never a huge fan of Star Trek or Stargate or similar shows, but this series is oddly compelling. It's pretty dark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.