Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by msv
Will cross my fingers that young beautiful woman will sit next to you if you have to go back on original flight.
didn't know you were on my flight out tomorrow. CALL ME
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:42 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mackieman
PHX is an absolute hole. The houses are cheap for a reason. Stay away.

Areas of the Texas Hill Country as mentioned have decent housing costs and the area is a bajillion times nicer than anything surrounding PHX.
Can you send me some town names to look at?? I must admit the cinderblock walls look rather like a prison to me near Phoenix. I know I really need to travel soon to check out different areas.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:43 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by colpuck
didn't know you were on my flight out tomorrow. CALL ME
Will include this as my favorite X-mas gift today
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:51 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Driving by DCA
There are still cheap options in the hill country, though some real estate is now .

The other places I've lived that I recommend are the northern part of the front range in Colorado (again, some areas are but if you get to Fort Collins or above, there are good options) and the western slope of the Rockies.

I also have a number of friends who have moved out to the Corvalis, OR or Bend, OR areas and swear by them. I've visited and both are ^ and from what I see neither are in terms of real estate prices.

Also, several people I know love the Wasatch Valley in UT. They do all have religious reasons for preferring that area, but from what I've seen it is very pretty and not too expensive.
I do go to CO frequently and Fort Collins sure does meet my biking requirements! I've also been to both Corvalis and Bend OR and really do like that area too. My area has taken a heck of a hit on the real estate prices so it is tough for me to figure out exactly how much equity I have but I'm pretty certain that I can avoid a mortgage in most places I'm interested in. I just want to own something free-and-clear so I have enough $'s to travel
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Oh joy. Foot+ of snow tomorrow.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by msv
Can you send me some town names to look at?? I must admit the cinderblock walls look rather like a prison to me near Phoenix. I know I really need to travel soon to check out different areas.
Mackieman probably has his favorites, but here are some that I think are ^. Some of these might be pricey, but many are probably affordable options:
  • Blanco
  • Bulverde
  • Canyon City
  • Canyon Lake
  • Fredericksburg
  • Kerrville
  • Wimberly

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Up to two feet.
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Don't feel to special it will be the same here
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
We may be 'brushed' by the storm. At least I didn't waste money taking my car through the wash yesterday.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 4:59 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mackieman probably has his favorites, but here are some that I think are ^. Some of these might be pricey, but many are probably affordable options:
  • Blanco
  • Bulverde
  • Canyon City
  • Canyon Lake
  • Fredericksburg
  • Kerrville
  • Wimberly
Cool - thanks! Will Truilia your suggestions.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:01 pm

Programs: Back to UA with a bit of Hyatt and some Marriott
Originally Posted by msv
I do go to CO frequently and Fort Collins sure does meet my biking requirements! I've also been to both Corvalis and Bend OR and really do like that area too. My area has taken a heck of a hit on the real estate prices so it is tough for me to figure out exactly how much equity I have but I'm pretty certain that I can avoid a mortgage in most places I'm interested in. I just want to own something free-and-clear so I have enough $'s to travel
If you ski at all, Fort Collins is ^^. Easy to get to Steamboat even when the canyons are closed by going up-and-over through WY and for day trips both Eldora and Loveland are easy to access.

The biking there is awesome, both mountain and road. Other than consistently getting my a kicked by one of my female roomates, I loved road biking the dam and some of the low passes just north of town.

I'm from too far south to want to go back to the cold as a long-term solution, but if the CO climate is your speed, then Fort Collins is :-:.

Last edited by Driving by DCA; Dec 25, 2010 at 5:12 pm
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Hope all had a merry christmas.

Best thing: My niece telling me to drink my 12 pack of Stella I got for Christmas so I'll want to buy a ring and get married.

Worst thing: Getting ready for a Monday meeting in Seoul. My OZ flight to ICN leaves in 7 ours; Oh well, that's life.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by photog72
Up to two feet.
At least they probably know how to plow, unlike MN.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by msv
I'm not allowing any snow until the boy returns from the GF's house in upstate NY
So he's not whoring around in Mahwah or Wekewahawken
Old Dec 25, 2010, 5:10 pm
msv
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you ski at all, Fort Collins is ^^. Easy to get to Steamboat even when the canyons are closed by going up-and-over through WY and for day trips both Eudora and Loveland are easy to access.

The biking there is awesome, both mountain and road. Other than consistently getting my a kicked by one of my female roomates, I loved road biking the dam and some of the low passes just north of town.

I'm from too far south to want to go back to the cold as a long-term solution, but if the CO climate is your speed, then Fort Collins is :-:.
My grandparents owned a few hundred acre farm on top of a mountain in VT so aside from straping on some skis I bought at an auction I've never done the real thing. I'm inclined to agree with you that CO might be a good solution for me. I really am kind of an outdoor person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.