Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

IAH GA Shenanigans exposed on the spot - and the hilarity that ensues.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAH GA Shenanigans exposed on the spot - and the hilarity that ensues.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by tvetter01
Just FYI, that's not what the website says happened on 358 yesterday. It's got someone else in 2B, and CAR, M. not on the list of upgraded passengers.

If it was shenanigans, I wonder if someone went and changed it. Or maybe it was changed (appropriately) to reflect what actually happened.
Of course, the GA's and Redcoat changed it to reflect what actually happened. It's a natural CYA reaction to calling them out on their "oversight".
Old Jul 23, 2010, 7:53 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by channa
I'm hoping he did more than that. While the one agent's behavior needed to be corrected, it's only part of the problem.

A strongly worded reminder to all GA's that this has been an issue and is being addressed (from the appropriate manager) would help.

That, and if anything was done to this GA (e.g., suspension, written reprimand, etc.), it should be strategically leaked into the grapevine so that word would spread. CO is a master of managing perception. This is right up their alley.
And you call CO management arrogant? That is wrong on several levels. Guess you want your pound of flesh. Probably one of the most ridiculous posts you have ever made. Ticketing rules and tarrifs, irregular ops reaccomodation, etc seem to be a strong point. I'd suggest sticking with that and staying away from from interpersonal skills issues. Is this where I am supposed to put the smiley face or wink?

Last edited by xzh445; Jul 23, 2010 at 7:59 am
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
The employee's name is sbm12.
LMAO....
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
The employee's name is sbm12.
I haven't been upgraded on CO metal since March. I am 4/5 on eligible CO segments this year, but they've all been legit.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by xzh445
And you call CO management arrogant? That is wrong on several levels. Guess you want your pound of flesh. Probably one of the most ridiculous posts you have ever made. Ticketing rules and tarrifs, irregular ops reaccomodation, etc seem to be a strong point. I'd suggest sticking with that and staying away from from interpersonal skills issues. Is this where I am supposed to put the smiley face or wink?

If you don't think this stuff happens, you're fooling yourself.

It's very simple to get a message out amongst employees. Say they want to suspend this agent. They can do it a number of ways. You can wait til her shift is over or she's on break, and do it discretely. Or you can get a couple corporate security types and interrupt her while she's working, bringing along a replacement GA, and pull her off her station to the back room. You never discuss the issue in public, obviously, but you can certainly cause a bit of a stir amongst employees by swapping her out mid-shift.

Depends how serious the issue is and if they want to create any buzz about it or not. In a rampant, underground problem like this, where rogue agents are doctoring computer records, this may be an ideal opportunity to make an example of someone.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by channa
I'm hoping he did more than that. While the one agent's behavior needed to be corrected, it's only part of the problem.

A strongly worded reminder to all GA's that this has been an issue and is being addressed (from the appropriate manager) would help.

That, and if anything was done to this GA (e.g., suspension, written reprimand, etc.), it should be strategically leaked into the grapevine so that word would spread. CO is a master of managing perception. This is right up their alley.
With FA's, if a problem is prevalent, it is published in our monthly updates; probably not if something's a rare occurrence though. GA's have a similar method of broadcasting info to their work group if there is a problem that needs addressing. It's usually followed by, 'subject to discipline' which means anything up to termination or 'up to and including termination' which translates to: you're probably getting fired. So, there is a provision for what you describe.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:53 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by glcarter
My 17 year old daughter was flying to DCA (CO 358) yesterday for one of those Future Leader Conferences things. Although she is a very experienced flyer, this was her first time flying on her own. She wasn't particularly nervous about it -her mother and I were a different story, however.

The door was shut, and my wife and I were waiting for the plane to depart the gate before going to our car. The Nervous Parent Gene lead me to ask the gate agent something along the lines of "Just curious, did the last minute upgrade for my daughter go okay?"
I am curious about something as a childless adult. Why so nervous about a 17 year old flying solo? I mean, this is a person who can drive a car, and who will perhaps move away to college in less than a year. Maybe it is a naive question, but isn't this all a bit overprotective? I flew alone some at 15, 16, 17... I think if my folks wanted to come to the gate I would tell them it is a waste of time and to go home. If they resisted, I think I'd be like "seriously, get out of here."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.