Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO Upgrade priority question for Mileage vs UDU

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:39 pm
mp2
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold

Mrs Mp2 and me are flying out from SFO to EWR on Christmas Day on CO1263

My upgrade cleared at T-2 (Am a gold).

Mrs MP2 is a Silver, and I can only see the following fare buckets for First: F1, JN1, A1, ZN1, P1, PN1, R0, RN0, IN0, I0.

From what I read here, R0 and RN0 is for Elite upgrades, and if I am reading this correctly, they have 1 seat open for sale or for Y-UP/B-UP. (Right?). So, in order to increase the probability of her upgrade, I requested a mileage upgrade for her.

Does that put her on top of the list? What will her competition be?

Since its less than T-2, I am assuming that all Plats and Golds have already cleared.

In the past couple of occasions, we have sat in different classes, but don't wish to on this flight.

The other alternative is to cancel the booking and try out SJC - IAH - LGA on the 25th, which still has 9+ seats open.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

Last edited by mp2; Dec 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm Reason: Remove empty lines
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Discoverist
in my experience

Mileage Upgrade trumps UDU, but maybe some more experienced can shed light on this. And you never know if Plats/Golds have cleared yet, my dad is a Plat/1K and he often clears at or after check in. Also, someone may take the bait on one of the 10's of dollars offers to buy up at checkin which will beat any upgrade.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:29 pm
mp2
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by revigik
Mileage Upgrade trumps UDU, but maybe some more experienced can shed light on this. And you never know if Plats/Golds have cleared yet, my dad is a Plat/1K and he often clears at or after check in. Also, someone may take the bait on one of the 10's of dollars offers to buy up at checkin which will beat any upgrade.
Thanks! Yes, there's always that chance of people paying for it. I am a Gold and I cleared today i.e. T-2 (Had booked after the T-3 run). So am guessing that other Golds and Plats cleared at T-3 and T-5.

Fingers crossed for the Mileage upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.