Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

When CO and UA merge, which FT forum stays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler

Over time, I wonder which one will fade away
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Whichever program stays, of course.

The old forums have historically been made sub-fora under the parent one (e.g. KL/AF, US/HP and DL/NW) and a single new forum persists. This is a decision that is made by TalkBoard.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I just want to nominate that we keep our mods if that is possible, they are great

I happen to know them personally but that isn't the point, just want to make sure if combined they are a part of the team. Being the 'worlds largest airline' there should be room for a mod team to suit....
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I just want to nominate that we keep our mods if that is possible, they are great

I happen to know them personally but that isn't the point, just want to make sure if combined they are a part of the team. Being the 'worlds largest airline' there should be room for a mod team to suit....
+1
Old Apr 25, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
Adios

The surviving entity will be UA.

Therefore, the CO forum bites the dust.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Billiken

Not necessarily, the final decision will be from TalkBoard.

Example: When HP bought US, they assumed US's DividendMiles program. TalkBoard created, a new forum was and the old US DividendMiles program and the old HP FlightFund program both became sub-forums to the new forum.

Another Example:
On the other hand, when DL bought NW, they elected to continue with the DL SkyMiles program. Rather than create a new forum, TalkBoard decided to simply move the old NW forum in as a sub-forum the to the existing DL forum.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steph3n
Wow. That is SOME butt kissing.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Wow. That is SOME butt kissing.
Not really; we do have great mods and it isn't kissing up to make that comment.

I think it's hilarious how up in arms everyone is when there have been no official announcements about a merger, much less any details.

In any event, I would hope the CO forum would continue to exist as a child of the UA forum if the merger does indeed happen and UA's MP is the surviving program.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 2:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mackieman
Not really; we do have great mods and it isn't kissing up to make that comment.
That very well may be the case (and I wasn't saying anything to the contrary) but to make that comment in the public forum is, by definition, butt kissing.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 3:56 pm

Clue: try posting something about NW.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by warreng24
Originally Posted by Billiken

Not necessarily, the final decision will be from TalkBoard.

Example: When HP bought US, they assumed US's DividendMiles program. TalkBoard created, a new forum was and the old US DividendMiles program and the old HP FlightFund program both became sub-forums to the new forum.

Another Example:
On the other hand, when DL bought NW, they elected to continue with the DL SkyMiles program. Rather than create a new forum, TalkBoard decided to simply move the old NW forum in as a sub-forum the to the existing DL forum.
Ummm...they both went exactly the same way. There is no difference between the way the fora were merged with the AF/KL, HP/US or NW/DL mergers. While I cannot speak for TalkBoard I would be surprised if anything different happened the next time there is a merger.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
That very well may be the case (and I wasn't saying anything to the contrary) but to make that comment in the public forum is, by definition, butt kissing.
Not it is a statement of pure factness. Facts of my great opinions
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Ya know, the OnePass name could stick around, it makes sense as the program name for the combined carrier, and sounds better than the generic "Mileage Plus". Naturally, the best aspects from both programs would be maintained...

If Smisek is the only thing from CO that winds up surviving in the new entity, then I'll say we have definitely been hoodwinked!
Old Apr 26, 2010, 1:09 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by EWR764

If Smisek is the only thing from CO that winds up surviving in the new entity, then I'll say we have definitely been hoodwinked!
Somebody needs to send Scott or Smisek an email that the future forum of FT has to be considered as well in the merger talks
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Keep the CO board, because I don't make friends easily....not that I have any on this board...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.