Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 30, 09, 3:13 pm   #1
Talkboard Member & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, DL, UA General Member, BW Gold, HH Gold, Amtrak Select Plus
Wish I was as lucky as my colleague (IAH VDB Story)

A colleague of mine was flying IAH-PHX on Sunday 12/28. He was schedules to be on the ER4 evening flight.

At the gate they paged for volunteers offering a seat the next morning in F and a $300 voucher. He walked up and said that he didn't need a hotel and because of that, would do it for $500. The woman immediately accepted and printed his voucher.

When he went to fly back Monday, he heard someone paged at the gate and given a BP for 2B, the seat printed on his BP. When he approached the gate agent they told him his reservation had somehow been canceled and they had to rebook him in Y. They gave him his new BP with another voucher for $250.

All told, he walks away with $750 in vouchers. He hadn't even joined Onepass until I finally convinced him to today.
Old Dec 30, 09, 6:44 pm   #2

Location: Moreland Hills (CLE) where the RJs make the 737s look like 777s
Programs: Over-entitled UA 1MM 1K, DL & AA Kettle, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Great way to end/start the year.....$750 in CO script.
Old Dec 30, 09, 6:54 pm   #3

Programs: United Plat, AA (no more status), Southwest RR, Alitalia MM, Hilton gold, Accor something or other
Nice chunk of CO cash, cool.

While heading IAH-AMS once, I received $400 from CO, and I told the g/a I was local so didn't need cab or food vouchers and to just give me drink coupons (I never even thought to ask for more cash at the time). I got 10 or 12 drink chits which was cool for me. Thanks to your story I'll try and get more cash if I am at IAH for a VDB!

Ciao,
FH