Community
Wiki Posts
Search

really no exit row seating on 767-400?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AY Gold, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Diamond
really no exit row seating on 767-400?

hi

is there really no seating at exit rows on 764-400.

im flying from CDG to IAH on this aircraft.

thay put in me 16 - its the first row on coach. thats good right....?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
16 and 31 are bulkhead rows, and you're correct that there's no exit rows on this plane.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct, there are no exit row seats on the 764.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Con..._767-400_A.php
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:37 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by rkkwan
16 and 31 are bulkhead rows, and you're correct that there's no exit rows on this plane.
And neither of them are anything to write home about. The seats are a bit wider than standard Y on CO, but having the traytables in the armrests definitely cuts that extra width down a bit.

The 764 is great in that the whole Y cabin is 32" pitch, but there aren't any really good seats.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
The problem with row 16 is that even though nobody will recline into your space, there is no place to stretch out your legs. Not that great.
On TATL flights out of EWR, I prefer the 757 reclining exit row. Not available out of Houston. Needless to say, BF is still my first choice.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 8:51 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
The front minicabin has a bit of extra legroom. Personally, I find row 10 to be as good as many an exit row.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by boaz84
hi

is there really no seating at exit rows on 764-400.

im flying from CDG to IAH on this aircraft.

thay put in me 16 - its the first row on coach. thats good right....?
I've seen people relocate themselves out of row 16 to a non-bulkhead row due to the limit space. The bulkhead rows are tight. Keep in mind there are Lavs and a galley in front of you.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbreuer
The front minicabin has a bit of extra legroom. Personally, I find row 10 to be as good as many an exit row.
That configuration isn't used on the tatl flights. Agreed the mini cabin is very nice on the micronesia 764's
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:16 am

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
767-200 Pitch in MiniCabin vs. Main Cabin

I think someone alluded to the possibility that there was more pitch in the minicabin of a 767-400 than the main cabin. Is that true of 767-200 also?

Main cabin pitch is 32". Right now I have my daughter and new husband seated in Row 19 (A&B). the exit and bulkhead row, of a 767-200 from EWR-FCO for their honeymoon. The plane is nearly full but I can still get Row 18 (L&K), which is the back row of the minicabin. Should I leave them as-is or switch to ROw 18?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hughw
I think someone alluded to the possibility that there was more pitch in the minicabin of a 767-400 than the main cabin. Is that true of 767-200 also?

Main cabin pitch is 32". Right now I have my daughter and new husband seated in Row 19 (A&B). the exit and bulkhead row, of a 767-200 from EWR-FCO for their honeymoon. The plane is nearly full but I can still get Row 18 (L&K), which is the back row of the minicabin. Should I leave them as-is or switch to ROw 18?
There is limited seat back recline in row 18 but it should be a more pleasant flight in 18 than 19.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
I've seen people relocate themselves out of row 16 to a non-bulkhead row due to the limit space.
I have been that person.

CO's configuration of Y on this aircraft is miserable, and it doesn't have to be.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: Il Postino della PWP, CO, TrueBlue, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
There is limited seat back recline in row 18 but it should be a more pleasant flight in 18 than 19.
+:-: I give the mini-cabin a ^. I didn't have a problem with the recline (I didn't even know it was limited). The only (minor) issue is that being in front of the lavs is the smell. It's not a gross smell of peoples business, but that, I dunno, soap smell/industrial clean fragrance that you smell in there. Every so often someone would come out and you'd get a whiff.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
The bulkhead/exit rows on the 767 have horrible legroom, hard wall bulkhead and you can't stretch your legs.

- HF
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:42 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Bonvoy Plat, National EE
I flew on row 16, seat F and it actually wasn't bad at all. As long as you're not a large person that would need the extra inch of seat space, I'd go for it.

You receive your first choice of meals, the lavatory in front of you is reserved for BF passengers (no long lines along your aisleway), you can stick you legs into the aisle way on the side of the bulkhead. There is also an empower plug if you have the adapter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.