Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Better availability when signed OUT of my Platinum account.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO PLAT, SPG PLAT, AVIS PC, AMEX CENTURION

I noticed that when searching from a non-elite, silver, or gold account there is more availability then when searching from my Platinum account.

Example dates are Janusry 9, 11, 18, 25. TLV-NYC SaverPass BusinessFirst
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Another availability conspiracy. Why is it that these threads are cropping up on the day JFK was killed?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Another availability conspiracy. Why is it that these threads are cropping up on the day JFK was killed?
Because co.com is inconsistent.

Use the ANA tool and call in to book what you want.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There definitely seems to be an inconsistency here. I looked at TLV-EWR on 1/9 and the options presented are, in fact, different.

My guess is that this is just a bug in the way they've loaded reward availability with the Star transition. A quick call to CO should get you the seats you see when not logged in as a Plat.

Last edited by sdm1130; Nov 22, 2009 at 7:10 pm
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This happened (at least) once before. The problem is that platinum elites have expanded front cabin inventory available and that has a different fare code. So the search is only looking for that code but with partners that can get messed up, especially with a carrier like VS that isn't using the same bucket mappings as the other *A partners nor are they using StarNet.

It sucks, but at least knowing that it is going on means that we can also know to look elsewhere to confirm what is seen on co.com.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 7:04 pm

Yes, noticed a lot of inconsistency when signed out versus signed in (as a Plat). There was another discussion on this about a week ago, although it has been going on for about a month in my experience. I have noticed it with CO availability but also partner flights, especially Copa, AC and United. I have called 3 times now to the internet help desk to report, but I still see many of the same issues. I does appear that the Copa problems were cleared up a couple days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.