Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Do I get a senatorial welcome to your lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I get a senatorial welcome to your lounges?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Seriously, this lounge access business is a nightmare. My memory is that US airports have no lack of F&B outlets, so i might give lounges a miss. I find rejection difficult to cope with
It is actually very simple. But it depends on where your status comes from. As a LH *G you have access to any CO lounge you want as long as you are flying on a *A ticket that day. With only 40 minutes on the connection in EWR you likely won't have much time to take advantage of the benefit, but you will be permitted access should you show up at the lounge.

And, yes, there are plenty of dining options available in EWR if you just want to go that route. Actually, if you want anything of substance to eat you have to go that route.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:39 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
IAN-UK, you have nothing to worry about. It's not confusing at all. As a *G, you have access to any *G lounge, anywhere in the world, run by any *A carrier, as long as you are departing that airport on a *A flight that day. You do not have to be flying the carrier operating the lounge.

The only confusion is for *G members of USA-based airline programs, when flying a USA-domestic-only itinerary, wishing to access a *A lounge operated by a USA-based carrier. In other words, all this confusion only applies to *G members of CO OnePass, US Dividend Miles, and UA Mileage Plus.

Even in that case, I as a UA1K*G or as a COPlat*G can access the LH lounge in IAD terminal B if I'm flying UA, US, or CO out of IAD to a domestic destination, for example.

But you and any other *G members of the programs of the other 22 Star airlines do not have to be concerned about this. If you're *G AND if you are departing that airport on any *A carrier AND you physically have airside security access to that lounge, you are in. You get one guest as a *G as long as that guest is flying out of the same airport the same day on any *A flight (doesn't have to be yours).
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
NewbieRunner! Is there any thread you DON'T appear in?
Yes, BA Board for instance.

Do you do any work ?
I try not to at weekends.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AF plat. SPG Gold
Yes, Acces to Star Alliance Gold lounges.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:23 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkXS
You get one guest as a *G as long as that guest is flying out of the same airport the same day on any *A flight (doesn't have to be yours).
... except LH lounges for the time being. Their new rules contravene the *A lounge access rules and LH is supposed to be reviewing the rules.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/12805063-post527.html
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
IAN-UK, keep in mind with a tight 40 min window between flights, if you 'should' happen to miss your original UK connection, then having a PC available (with lots of free beer/beverages) could come in VERY Handy, for both waiting out the next flight as well as arranging passage on it
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Billiken
Bagels (usually two kinds), Cheerios/Milk, Granola Bars. Fruit
Toaster for bagels.
Cream cheese, Rondelle, Jelly.
Rondele at breakfast? I don't think so . . .
Old Nov 21, 2009, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by Steph3n
You forgot the muffins, poppy seed, banana nut at least....they are mini sized, and dry
Dip 'em in Nutella.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.