Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

companion upgrade - want to clear something up....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AY Gold, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Diamond

hi

have read a few posts about this issue. just wanted to make sure though:

plat-companion actually trumps gold and silver?!

im just affraid of GA nonsense on day of departure....

by the way- i have to ask:

i have read a few posts of people saying thay came on board and saw the FC with empty seats and thats a screw up cause they were on t UG list ofcourse....but mostly they wrote they just swallowed the pill and sat at coach...
if that happens - why not tell someone and demand, scream or whatever it takes? or do people do that and the airport employees just dont care...?

thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
For battlefield upgrades, Plat companion DOES trump Gold/Silvers, but if they EUA ran properly and there were seats available at the EUA windows then gold/silvers that were booked should have been upgraded already by that point.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by boaz84
why not tell someone and demand, scream or whatever it takes?
Let us know how that works for you.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 6:48 am

Programs: Onepass Plat
hi

thanks!
I've never had nonsense, but some of the check-in agents have not been knowledgeable about the process. They've said that all EUA's are processed automatically, and I've had to insist that my companion has to be added; no big deal and the only problem I've ever had.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:36 am

I've only had one flight since becoming a plat and all my flights as a gold were by my self. Flying back LAS-EWR a couple of weeks ago I got to the airport and F was showing full. My friend was traveling with me, I asked to add him to the upgrade list, it took the GA about 30 seconds to do it and right to the top of the list he went. He ended up getting the upgrade as 1 person never showed up. I did kinda feel bad for the next person on the list since his name was #1 on the list for a couple of days and the same exact thing happened to me the last 2 times flying back from LAS as Silver/Gold. But we ended up having an MX which took 2.5 hours to resolve and by that point 2 of the F passengers decided not to fly and the next 2 people also cleared. It was great to see the process work automatically just as it was supposed to.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
<snip>
if that happens - why not tell someone and demand, scream or whatever it takes? or do people do that and the airport employees just dont care...?
What a ridiculous statement. As another poster mentioned, let us know how that goes for you...

Regards
Old Nov 21, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
hi
Is there a specific story you want to share or are you just asking? If it's a specific story, please share. Otherwise keep your nonsensical rants to yourself. Keep in mind that all plats trump plat companions and now with free same day change for Plats there is probably a lot of last minute flight changes which will effect battlefield upgrades.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
hi

thanks!
Please wear a big silly hat when you do cause that will just complete the picture for me.

99% of the gate agents will be as helpful as possible, providing they are not going crazy with people screaming at them!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
No screaming is needed. Simply waive your elite card wildly and politely say 'I'm your most important customer'. The CO staff loves it and 99% of the time it will get you what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.