FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

CP@YOW Oct 27, 2009 6:11 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 12716239)
The only thing I did not like in the EQM/RDM earnings is that "deeply discounted LH economy fares for non-intra-Europe flights earn only 50% EQM/RDM".

It's also bad for Canadians -- no miles at all on AC's lowest ("Tango") fare class (K, N, G, P, E, T) within Canada and the U.S. In contrast, UA gives 50% on these fares within Canada and 100% Canada-U.S. I guess I'm staying with Mileage Plus.

CO's page uses the interesting phrase "Canada and the continental U.S. (including Hawaii)"...

snod08 Oct 27, 2009 6:28 am

At the moment there are quite a few Star / CO threads. I am not able to keep track of everything easily..

Cybershaz Oct 27, 2009 6:40 am

Originally Posted by CP@YOW (Post 12716435)
It's also bad for Canadians -- no miles at all on AC's lowest ("Tango") fare class (K, N, G, P, E, T) within Canada and the U.S. In contrast, UA gives 50% on these fares within Canada and 100% Canada-U.S. I guess I'm staying with Mileage Plus.

CO's page uses the interesting phrase "Canada and the continental U.S. (including Hawaii)"...

I just saw that and was horribly disappointed! I'll probably just fly Porter now within Canada instead ... At least I can fly CO to the US to get miles, but not getting them on Tango really hurts.

ani90 Oct 27, 2009 6:41 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 12716508)
At the moment there are quite a few Star / CO threads. I am not able to keep track of everything easily..

Hopefully they will soon all be shut down - they either chooose not to read or chose to ignore instructions of our esteemed moderator.

sbm12 Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 12715314)
Hi Everyone, well it’s finally official… Continental is now a Star Alliance member! This marks an unprecedented move from one major alliance to another, and as you might imagine, the amount of preparations that has led us up to this point has been extraordinary. Yes, there’s going to be some bumps as we complete our transition, and we appreciate your patience while we cement everything in place. As usual, we will look to our feedback channels as issues pop up (especially here on FlyerTalk), and will do our best to correct them quickly.

Thanks for the updates. Not too many surprises and things look like they're mostly working correctly this morning.

On the subject of the interactive reward chart, first up a huge thank you. It is great to see a comprehensive and accurate chart out there, even with the fact that rewards have gone up in cost.

I'm a bit bummed about MS missing from the reward charts right now as I actually want to redeem there for Christmas, but I'll find a way around it for now and get something else in later once that comes online.

The earning power of the OnePass program has definitely gone down with the new rules but the value of those miles earned have increased rather nicely in many cases.

SirJman Oct 27, 2009 6:50 am

I have my first *A flights tomorrow (TG & SQ) but seeing as I just status matched into CO Platinum, how will I go about getting lounge access? The temporary card you can print out still doesnt show any *A logos on it. Will the lounges in ICN, HKG, BKK and SIN understand that CO Plat = Star Gold?

kinneyrob Oct 27, 2009 6:57 am

Where's the love for those of us who have 200K elite miles this year?

I see a bunch of stuff that will limit my ability to get back to this lofty level of elite miles next year, but not much that rewards me for the significant additional loyalty that it takes to get to 200K miles this year. Other airlines (AA) have VIP passes for upgrades and such. What's up with CO? Where's that extra "goodness" Scott promised? I'm in the same boat with dudes who status matched last week..

NewbieRunner Oct 27, 2009 6:57 am

Originally Posted by SirJman (Post 12716591)
I have my first *S flights tomorrow...

To avoid any confusion, in Star Alliance lingo:

*S = Star Alliance Silver
*G = Star Alliance Gold
*A = Star Alliance

You've probably been status matched into *G. If *S you won't have access to *A partner (*G) lounges.

;)

Flyer IAH Oct 27, 2009 7:00 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 12716239)
The only thing I did not like in the EQM/RDM earnings is that "deeply discounted LH economy fares for non-intra-Europe flights earn only 50% EQM/RDM".

Exactly. Now flying from US to Europe on LH S class will only give you 50% EQM/RDM whereas you can get 100% on UA Mileage Plus.... something here does not sound right

Vulcan Oct 27, 2009 7:05 am

Scott:

I have been on the phone for a while with a nice agent. I used the ANA tool to find award seats to SYD via LHR/BKK in first Class on Thai.

The agent told me that they were being told that I had to route westbound thru LAX/SFO/YVR etc.

Is this really right? I don't think so. HELP!

TigerWould Oct 27, 2009 7:10 am

Hopefully CO will purchase/merge UA so they can upgrade their inflight and customer service.

hyho61 Oct 27, 2009 7:11 am

I could not find a single LH availability on the CO.com reward travel booking to BOM or DEL or BLR or HYD for November travel.

The only thing I miss about Skyteam was AF's reward availability was excellent.

Bonehead Oct 27, 2009 7:13 am

Look at all the nonstops ex-DEN!

Wow...CO nonstops DEN-ORD (some on 777s)...11 a day! Who woulda thunk it?

Same to all kinds of places! What a smorgasbord of delights.

Now, what about E+ and those pesky upgrades...

CHIC SILBER Oct 27, 2009 7:15 am

WOW

We are all so fortunate to have you taking care of us

My congratulations also to the Smith Street folks that

created your position and found EXACTLY the right

person to do such a fantastic job

My very best

PSU Mudder Oct 27, 2009 7:18 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 12715314)
Lounge Access

Our Presidents Club and Star Alliance Gold members have quite a bit to look forward to... [INDENT][list=1][*]Expanded lounge access for Presidents Club members. Presidents Club members and up to two guests will now have access to United Airlines Red Carpet Clubs and US Airways Clubs without any same-day ticket requirement.

could that also possibly mean two guests or immediate family like the regular PC admission policy? Or is it strictly two guests?