FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Ask UA Insider: Star Alliance Announcements & Discussions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/1010428-ask-ua-insider-star-alliance-announcements-discussions.html)

rolov Oct 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by benolaa (Post 12715382)
Thanks Scott this is Awesome!!

Having extra availability on First class for Platinum rocks. BTW I am on the phone right now trying to book 2 true FIRST (feels good to say that with CO) class tickets to Israel via lufthansa. Agent is still trying to figure out how to book it :)

Booking classes are still not showing up according to agents.

Scott6067 Oct 26, 2009 11:23 pm

I feel Twitterific about the news!! ;)

benolaa Oct 26, 2009 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12715399)

Its a race I want to have the first *A booking (at least on Lufthansa)!! LOL will my agent figure it out before your agent?

DeaconFlyer Oct 26, 2009 11:25 pm

Nice to see 500 mile minimum earnings on United. I was counting on that to make Gold this year.

Thanks for all the info and all your (and your fellow employees') hard work!

rolov Oct 26, 2009 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by benolaa (Post 12715407)
Its a race I want to have the first *A booking (at least on Lufthansa)!! LOL will my agent figure it out before your agent?

I hung up they could not even see what I was asking for, if I don't get this done tonight my GF may break up with me tomorrow :eek:

kylemore Oct 26, 2009 11:28 pm

Turkey... is it Europe or Middle East? Reason I ask is that the reward charts for the two areas are very different, yet this country is listed in both sections.

filmwill Oct 26, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm being told by the agent I just spoke with that corporate is instant messaging the agents to advise customers to 'wait 24 hours' for award bookings--that the booking classes are not loaded.

He seemed frustrated that they didn't have their s**t together when they did the rollout--but, then again, didn't we all kinda expect this?

If anyone gets through the red tape tonight, please let us know.

benolaa Oct 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by kylemore (Post 12715420)
Turkey... is it Europe or Middle East? Reason I ask is that the reward charts for the two areas are very different, yet this country is listed in both sections.

Sounds like its customers choice whichever is the smaller amount of miles you should be able to get it for that.

AznMadSci Oct 26, 2009 11:33 pm

WAHOO!!!

Cheers Scott to you and everyone behind the scenes! This is going to be very exciting and I can't wait!!!!!

Mabuk dan gila Oct 26, 2009 11:34 pm

No Bonus Miles on Partners to Asia SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is B%LL SH%T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

benolaa Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 12715449)

Our first angry customer of the night...and now the fun begins!

coairtul Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila (Post 12715449)

LOL Simmer down...

Mabuk dan gila Oct 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Sorry guys, I call it like I see it:D;) I'll probably get over it.

Werckmeister Oct 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Kudos to CO for being so prompt and timely with this alliance change! I'm impressed.

On the other hand, the Star Ailliance main homepage is still without CO in sight...

UA Insider Oct 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by filmwill (Post 12715422)
I'm being told by the agent I just spoke with that corporate is instant messaging the agents to advise customers to 'wait 24 hours' for award bookings--that the booking classes are not loaded.

Originally Posted by benolaa (Post 12715382)
BTW I am on the phone right now trying to book 2 true FIRST (feels good to say that with CO) class tickets to Israel via lufthansa. Agent is still trying to figure out how to book it :)

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 12715399)

Hi Everyone, as you've found, we're still loading reward availability. Bear with us, it may be several hours before bookings can be made over the phone. Continental.com reward bookings, on the other hand, are churning through and the first Star Alliance reward tickets are being issued as I type.

Originally Posted by kylemore

Hi kylemore, as benolaa mentioned, the lower reward amount between the two regions will apply. Same goes for Egypt, which is in both the Northern Africa and Middle East regions.