Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Invites You to Join Our Fleet Week Employee Event: October 11, 2009

United Airlines Invites You to Join Our Fleet Week Employee Event: October 11, 2009

Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

With apologies, please be advised: the guest list for this event is now full. However, if you are still interested in attending, you are welcome to join our waiting list. Please send an e-mail with the requested information to the address included in the invitation below. Thank you!

Dear fellow Flyertalkers:

United Airlines invites you and a guest to join our employees and their families at our fourth annual San Francisco Fleet Week Employee Event, held at the United Services Maintenance Center (adjacent to San Francisco International Airport). This year's event will take place from 11 AM to 5 PM on Sunday, October 11th, to coincide with the final day of Fleet Week in San Francisco.

A limited number of tickets are available on a first come, first served basis. If you can join us, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. (Replies posted on Flyertalk will not be included as RSVPs.) In your e-mail, please provide your full name and Flyertalk handle, if you're bringing a guest, his/her full name, and please provide your mailing address if you require a parking permit. You will receive a personal reply within a few days with additional details.

The U.S. Navy's Blue Angels take off from the base for their Fleet Week air show over San Francisco, and upon their return (around 4 PM) spend time with our guests for photos and autographs. The event also features other aircraft, United exhibits, an auto show, food and drink vendors, children's activities, entertainment, and much more.

We would also like to organize a Flyertalk team to compete in our annual United Plane Pull contest. If you're interested in helping pull for Flyertalk fame and glory, please let us know in your e-mail RSVP!

We look forward to hearing from you!

-flyua and the United Fleet Week team.

Last edited by flyua; Sep 2, 2009 at 5:42 am Reason: the guest list is now full.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA G
BOO I'm going to be out of town on business that weekend (
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:05 pm

Sent an email...hoping for a reply
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:19 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Yay! Email sent.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Email sent. I fly back to ORD on UA 152 on 10/11/09 Perfect timing
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Email sent, fingers crossed!
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Email sent as well. Gotta pull again!! This was a great event last year.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:58 pm

Anyone else in for the plane pull?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:06 pm

RSVP done ^
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Emailed. Excited for the event! Can pull plane. ^
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K, 2MM, LT RCC
keeping my fingers crossed. been a while since I was at the MOC. If this doesn't work out, there is a great wine tasting on Treasure Island with food and front row seats for the Blue Angels.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:19 pm

To those that have attended in the past, is there a secure place to store bags (probably just 1 bag - laptop) for those of us that may fly in that morning and out that evening?

EDIT: I should have just looked at Google... http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/orphan/faq/#10
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:26 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by harpodamann
RSVP done ^
as is mine

Originally Posted by Pat+
Email sent as well. Gotta pull again!! This was a great event last year.
sure was ^ (complete with video on the f/t-facebook page )
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Anyone else in for the plane pull?
i'm in

n.b. for any folks staying in san francisco, i can offer rides to/from sfo and also to from dinner afterwards on a first come first served basis due to only holding 4 plus me tho there is a priority front seat reservation on hold for iluv2fly "just in case" )

Last edited by goalie; Aug 28, 2009 at 6:33 pm
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Lucky mentioned separately that Oracle OpenWorld is in San Francisco October 11-15, 2009. So don't delay in making hotel/flight reservations if you are coming in for the event.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
RSVP sent, will fly in straight from Ripper's HNL Dinner DO! +1 Guest. Hope to get in! I cant wait to see everyone!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.