Reload this Page >

Rest in Peace to our friend TravelWeary

Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:08 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium

After bravely battling ovarian cancer for over a year and a half, our friend, and fellow Flyertalker Paula Fischer (Travelweary) passed away on December 28th.

Paula and Michael were 7 time SeaDoo attendees and I was lucky enough to get a chance to visit with her and Michael at their home in Providence about a year ago, and we were able to chat a few times this past year.

She was a great friend. I'm going to miss her a lot and offer my deepest condolences to Michael, Karen, and the rest of Paulas family.

Michael has allowed us to share some photos he put together in rememberance of her http://picasaweb.google.com/fischermpg/PaulaInMemoryOf#
Old Feb 18, 2009, 11:12 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Paula, rest in peace. The beers I've shared with you over the years were always wonderful. I will miss you.

Michael, I am very sorry for your loss.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I'm shocked and saddened to learn this. Yes, I met Paula and her husband Michael at the SeaDoos that I attended a few years back. She was a great lady. May she rest in peace, and condolences to all her family and friends.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 3:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
wow my first thought was that is two this month who have passed on and then I realized I've met her at a do somewhere sometime ago (not SEA) and thanks Missy for the photos. I looked at them and realized for sure that I had met her

What a bummer; so sorry to hear about this

condolences to the family
Old Feb 19, 2009, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/UCHA1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12))

My sincere condolences to Michael and the rest of the family. On those few occasions we've met, I was always struck by Paula's joy of life. Very sad. The fight is now over, rest in peace.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I met Paula and she was ^.

Dan
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The one and only time I met Paula in person was at a SeaDo; I was lucky enough to have her and Michael in my party van as we drove to/from Snoqualmie Falls and her joie de vivre was infectious. My life was brightened by her friendship and it is considerably darker with her passing. I'm thankful to have met her and my thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Chorus angelorum te suscipiat...

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 19, 2009 at 8:30 am
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:26 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
What a great photo album. Sad news indeed.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:30 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Oh gosh, what sad news. Other FTers have passed but this is the first one that I knew, met and liked very much.

My condolences and heartfelt prayers to her family, loved ones and friends.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
very, very sad news. She was one of the kindest people I ever had the honor to know. Condolences to Michael and Karen.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:37 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Thanks for calling me last night Missy and telling me about Paula. She was my Guinness drinking buddy and I have missed her sorely these last few years. I am sad that she is gone but happy that she is now out of pain and misery.

God Bless you Paula!

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
My heart is so heavy. Baseball games and discussions of porter beer always remind me of Paula.
My condolences to Michael & the rest of the family, with the hopes that the good memories stay with you.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
One of the first and few FTers I met (back in 2000/1) at the NW WC in SEA.

My condolences to Michael.

RIP Paula
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My condolences to Paula's family. She was one of the very first FTer's I ever met, all the way back in the late winter of 2000. I can still see her now with a small radio held to her ear, listening to the baseball scores.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Our prayers and deepest condolences to Paula's family and friends.

Any word on where to send contributions?

Last edited by Italy98; Feb 19, 2009 at 2:54 pm Reason: added contributions

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.