Any FTers plan to attend the Freddies 2009 in FLL APR23rd ? [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Any FTers plan to attend the Freddies 2009 in FLL APR23rd ? [merged threads]

Hi all,

I have receives emails from obscure2k came in tonight. She told me that where Freddies will be in FLL around April 23, 2009. I will rather go to FLL to spent there for few days. Perhaps I will show you guys where we live at my old house and etc in Hollywood, FL. So otherwise, this is best opportunity where I will looking forward seeing you again in FLL.

So if you want go out a nice dinners or lunch at Aventura Mall. I know where the mall is that. So we can go out to lunch at Aventura Mall is much nicest. I am acknowledgeable very good direction where I can get there.

Is that Freddies will be there at Hilton Hotel near I-95 on Griffin Rd, am I correct? I know where the hotel is in FLL. I remember where we lived in FLL before. Let me know if you guys who care joins us a nice lunch at Cheesecake Factory or Italian restaurant. Thanks for your concerns.

Regards

Last edited by N830MH; Jan 9, 2009 at 11:32 pm
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Since FTers have not been formally invited yet, picking places to meet might be a bit of jumping the gun, although it's good for folk to know the date/location.

I'm disappointed that I'll miss (assuming we are invited) the Freddies for the first time due to being in Vegas for a trade show. The show goes through Thurs, so can't make it due to time zone differences/length of flights. Was hoping it would be west coast-based & I'd sneak out the aft of the show like I did when it was in LA. Bummer!

Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any FTers plan to attend the Freddies 2009 in FLL APR23rd ?

Hi folks,

it's early but I'm sure some of you plan to visit the Freddie Awards this year providing they are open to the public again.

As per the website they will be held at the Hilton FLL Airport Hotel on April 23rd 2009 which is a thursday.

It looks like hotels are a little pricey at this time in FLL so it might be useful to look after a few bargains, point reservations or shared rooms as long as they are still available.

Any thoughts on this ?

Cheers,
Seb.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
I plan to go.

I am looking at the Fairmont in Aventura or the IC in MIA.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Perhaps combine the 2 Freddies threads that were both started in the last couple of days?

Alas, even if open to the public I won't be able to attend due to scheduling conflict. Have fun! Cheers.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Perhaps combine the 2 Freddies threads that were both started in the last couple of days?
What fun is that???
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If Randy generously extends an invitation to FT'ers, I'll be there.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:58 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
If Randy generously extends an invitation to FT'ers, I'll be there.
you gonna fly or drive? <ducking>

Last edited by goalie; Jan 12, 2009 at 11:11 am
Old Jan 12, 2009, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
He will fly TPA-ORD-MIA
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
If we're invited, I'll definitely try to go.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I will try to be there in FLL around April 22 to 25. So if you guys will have invitations a nice lunch with me at DeSalvo Pizza on Striling Rd near 46th Ave. We have a nice restaurant in Hollywood. I will show you guys where I lives at my old house and etc. Let me know if you having good enough time to take ride with you. Thanks for your concerns.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Benny8444
He will fly TPA-ORD-MIA
Why such an inconvenient routing with the risk of nasty ORD ?

He could go via LAX
Old Jan 12, 2009, 1:55 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Kinda stinks its on a Thursday...much harder to escape from work mid-week than if it is on a Friday. Oh well, I would love to try and make it!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I already planned to stay in Miami at my beloved Catalina South Beach Hotel but even this is expensive during the week.

Is this particular week/end something special in FL ?

Let's see what the time brings, otherwise I try PL again as I did last year in PHX ^
Old Jan 12, 2009, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Kinda stinks its on a Thursday...much harder to escape from work mid-week than if it is on a Friday. Oh well, I would love to try and make it!
If you ever come down there to FLL. Perhaps we can show you were I lived at my old house in Hollywood, FL and etc. I haven't been down there for quite of long time. Do you know where Emerald Oaks near TY Park? That's why we were no longer live in South Florida. Because we were moving to Arizona back in late-2003.

Also, if you want go out a nice lunch at DiSalvo Italian restaurant on Stirling Rd/46th Ave. Or if you want go out a nice dinners at Deli Den near Walgreens. Let me know if you guys please have adds the listed for me.

Here the website is at http://www.disalvosmenu.com/

Thanks for your advice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.