Official 2006 Secret Santa Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:49 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Official 2006 Secret Santa Thread!

HO HO HO,

Greetings from your 2006 Secret Santa coordinator William (wharvey).

I am happy to step forward and coordinate this for the Flyertalk community. It is my small way to return something to this community!

I am starting the process a bit early this year. I am in the middle of a relocation to the Massachusetts area (don't worry... will get to the North Pole in time for gifts to be delivered!) and also have some business travel that will limit my time to focus on Secret Santa issues.

This is the official thread for the 2006 Secret Santa Extravaganza. Any questions or comments should be limited to this thread or private messaged to me and no other threads should be started. Any private messages sent to me should have a subject of : <your FT handle> Secret Santa 2006.

I hope many of you choose to participate in this years’ event.

While you are thinking about what to get for your FT "friend", consider also purchasing a gift for a child or making a donation to your favorite charity.

Below are the rules for the 2006 Secret Santa event:

1. Any questions on the Secret Santa process should be directed to me via this thread or via private message (please do not use email as we are in the process of relocating and will not have the same email address!!). Subject should always be: <your FT handle> Secret Santa 2006. I plan to respond through the PM system so make sure you have enabled that feature if you want to participate.

2. The expected limit on your gift purchase is $40 USD and does NOT include shipping and packaging costs. Of course, I am sure no one will mind gifts of higher value or certain paper from airlines and hotels that are "priceless". Understand that this is an estimate. I do ask that people view this as an "expected" level so that some people do not get disappointed. This has happened in the past. Please plan to spend at LEAST $30 on your gift exclusive of shipping and packaging costs.

CONTINUED FROM LAST SEASON:: If you are interested, you may volunteer to be a Secret Santa for up to three different Flyertalkers. If you sign up for one, two or three... means you will also have one, two or three FTers with your name... UNDERSTAND, there is no guarantee for you to be assigned more than one person. Santa reserves final decision rights on this plan!!

3. Secret Santa has the option of remaining anonymous. I will not disclose names nor addresses of anyone who participates to anyone other than their Secret Santa. I expect that any information you receive from me will not be shared with anyone else.

4. The coordinator assumes no responsibility for delivery or non-delivery of gifts. I want this to be fun and hope that everyone who participates will have fun and get into the holiday spirit. Understand, however, that failure to deliver will result in your being denied participation in future years. Jlm_USAIR and Icorproadie have been added to Santa's BAD LIST. They join Adam100, Tokyotraveler, Mrstaralliance and Phoenixdude on Santa’s bad boy list for failing to deliver gifts in the past even though they received gifts… so they will not be allowed to participate this year.

5. You must be registered on Flyertalk.com at the time you send your private message. IF you are a lurker, you must register on Flyertalk.com before becoming a Secret Santa participant. You may also want to post in the "Who We Are" thread to introduce yourself to the community. That thread can be found at:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=195465

6. Deadline to participate is December 2nd, 2006 (Foxboro, MA date) at 5 pm Boston time. If you wish to participate, you MUST send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to me through the FT system. Subject Line: <your FT handle> Secret Santa 2006. In this private message, you must provide the following information and PLEASE answer the questions in the order provided below as that will help me input the data into my tracking forms. In fact, please just copy the questions below into the private message window and answer the questions.

a. Your full name (first and last name)

b. Your mailing address for your gift. This address should be one where you can receive a package in December.

c. Your email address (must be verifiable)

d. Your Flyertalk handle

e. Date of FT registration

f. Maximum number of times you wish to participate: (1, 2, 3):

g. No more than three facts about yourself that might help your Secret Santa shop for your gift. Please make sure they are helpful hints...

h. A "Yes" or "No" as to whether or not you are willing to send a gift outside your country. If at all possible, please be willing to ship out of your own country... especially for USA residents.

AGAIN, please help Santa out by using the SUBJECT LINE as requested.

If I receive enough participants early on, I may go ahead and match up members so you can get a head start on your gift buying. I would then provide a second match-up after the December 2nd deadline. Santa has to get his rest in before the mad rush of the holiday season.

Please be sure to read Santa updates throughout this thread!!!

I am glad to step forward again this year and be your Secret Santa coordinator and hope you find it to be another wonderful experience of this great Flyertalk community.

William

Last edited by wharvey; Dec 2, 2006 at 10:30 am
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

This post is where I will list all the members who are choosing to participate in Secret Santa.

If you are on this list, it means I received a Private Message from you that met the requirements.

This list reflects all Private Messages I have received that met the requirements as of the edit date at the bottom of this post. If you think you should be on this list, please re-Private Message me your information.

Thanks,

Santa

==============================================

aidanc - assignment PM'd on Nov 25
alex0683de - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
alysia
awal - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
azureblue - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
bigvince76
c230k78 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
californiascentralcoast - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
cathe - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
cheapsk8
ckidder331
cordelli - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
daringdoo
dcstudent - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
delacpa - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
derek - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
dhammer53 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
dmfriedman
dohvegas
elll - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
flygirl555 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
gagules
gj83
geogirl
goingaway - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
grbflyer - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
hanlgt
holmedown - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
hsxagent - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
idealflyer - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
janhigginskcmo - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
jeffie - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
joporto - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
jumpgate
karenkay - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
kimmyaa - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
kipper - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
kiwi flyer - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
ksinnyc
ldsant - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
love2win
marysunshine - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
missydarlin - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
mke-mr - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
mrp alert - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
mzkaiser - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
mstieb - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
nobbi - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
nymph - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
peteropny - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
purpleeagl
qfboy
ralfkrippner
rkt10 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
rosebud9802 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
seeya - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
scoow - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
seeksreel
skaatinsteph - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
skiadcock - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
spiff
ss255 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
uax@sfo
uva185 - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
warmsnickers
wburcham
wharvey - assignment PM'd on Nov 12
wireless

Last edited by wharvey; Dec 2, 2006 at 10:12 am
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

HOLD for *future* Santa Announcements

Last edited by wharvey; Sep 20, 2006 at 11:00 am
Old Sep 19, 2006, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
You know that it's only September, right? We haven't done the halloween thing with candy and costumes, no turkey dinner on the table, we're still outside in shorts and t-shirts ..... Very impressive that you're volunteering again and so prepared to start soooo soon!!

Good luck with your move. That PM will be along by November or so
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Well done for volunteering again, especially with your move. Will pm you in November when I am back in the UK again.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
wow santa is organised this year ^

I don't even know where I'll be in December let alone a mailing address. I'll check back later.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
CommunityBuzz! Moderators decided to make this a sticky
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well given some of the stores had Halloween stuff out in July, why not Secret Santa stuff in September!!!

I haven't been to Macy's or Target lately, but I'm sure there's some Xmas decoration stuff up around the stores somewhere...

I'm in! PM to follow...

Cheers.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
Already ???

As always, Santa, count me in......... but first (tomorrow) the official end of summer
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont
I really enjoyed last year. It will be fun to participate again. PM to follow
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:57 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
wow santa is organised this year ^

Umm. .. Santa is organized every year, every month, every day, every minute. . .well, you get the idea

Wharvey, thank you for making this such a fun event and being willing to step up to do this.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: WN, Marriott, Choice
[singing] I know a secret and I ain't gonna tell ya!! [/singing]
I'm looking forward to having great fun this year. Thanks for starting it up early!

PM was sent earlier today.

Last edited by Jeffie; Sep 20, 2006 at 7:53 pm Reason: add PM info
Old Sep 20, 2006, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Gang,

Santa is asking that you make sure you follow the process above... you MUST include your FT handle in your Subject Line... and answer ALL the questions.

Thanks,

Santa
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
Gang,

Santa is asking that you make sure you follow the process above... you MUST include your FT handle in your Subject Line... and answer ALL the questions.

Thanks,

Santa
LOL, followed the process and answered all questions, but forgot to actually sign the PM. D'oh! On second thought, I skipped letter f, made letter g into letter f, and such. No, I did not flunk preschool. Thanks for organizing this again! Count me in, and I apologize for the first PM.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Hooray!

I have no idea where I'll be for christmas, but I guess September is a month as good as any to decide! Thank you wharvey for doing this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.