Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm sorry to share this news about Vincom

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy I'm sorry to share this news about Vincom

It brings me extreme sadness to put up this post. I have known Vincent for over 5 years now. Since we lived in NJ. Before I moved to Arizona.

Vincom and I went to Miami this weekend as many of you know. During our trip, he fell ill. He had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night on Tuesday, May 2, 2006. His condition was not the best, and eventually led to him passing away at the age of 21. I know he has shared so much of his time, thoughts, and feelings with all of you. You were as much his family as his blood family and his dear friends. I only felt that you all should know why you won't be seeing any new posts from him. I will be flying back to NJ this week to go spend time with his family and attend his services. If any of you feel the need to send any cards or letters to his family, I can give you the information you'll need to do that.

Vincom's partner in crime,

Last edited by BuddyPass; Oct 12, 2008 at 2:10 am
Old May 4, 2006, 5:32 pm

Our thoughts are with you and his family. He will be sorely missed on the CO board. He definitely was part of the heart and soul over there.
Old May 4, 2006, 5:54 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)

RIP, Vincom.
Old May 4, 2006, 6:00 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
sad sad news

Look down over all of us, Vincom
Old May 4, 2006, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

That's horrible! Thanks for letting us know.
Old May 4, 2006, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very tragic.

Always a very informative, polite and generous poster.
Old May 4, 2006, 8:01 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Very sad news
Old May 4, 2006, 8:29 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Although I never met him, I always admired his wit and generousity on Flyertalk. He will be sorely missed.

Caleb, I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this with us.
Old May 4, 2006, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
I've met him online quite a bit but only met him once in person (IAH CO Do II)....he was always a great member of our community and without him it'll be a little smaller now

RIP Vincom
Old May 4, 2006, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

It's about a very close friend of mine who was a big poster on here and enjoyed his flyertalk life more than most things in his life. So, if you could just be a little more respectful...

thank you for your consideration.

Last edited by essxjay; May 4, 2006 at 9:31 pm Reason: reference to rude and insensitive content removed
Old May 4, 2006, 8:53 pm

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I am Adam's (JayLenoFan86) girlfriend.

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Vincent this past weekend at the Freddie Awards. I instantly liked him and am shocked to hear of his passing. He helped make me feel very comfortable in a room full of strangers. I know he will be sorely missed in this community and by his family and friends.

I am very sorry to hear this news.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AliciaKatherine203
Hey everyone, this is my first post. I am Adam's (JayLenoFan86) girlfriend.

I had the extreme pleasure of meeting Vincent this past weekend at the Freddie Awards. I instantly liked him and am shocked to hear of his passing. He helped make me feel very comfortable in a room full of strangers. I know he will be sorely missed in this community and by his family and friends.

I am very sorry to hear this news.

He had such a GREAT time at the Freddies. He brought home this little shoe polish kit and a fleece blanket. We talked about the weekend about how much he enjoyed meeting everybody. He liked being infamous...when everybody would come up to him and say..... "Hmmm....so, you're Vincom!"
Old May 4, 2006, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by BuddyPass
He had such a GREAT time at the Freddies. He brought home this little shoe polish kit and a fleece blanket. We talked about the weekend about how much he enjoyed meeting everybody. He liked being infamous...when everybody would come up to him and say..... "Hmmm....so, you're Vincom!"
yeah
that shoe polish smelled funny

we had fun! He was a very funny guy! (especially the part where he told the Jet Blue guy that he doesnt like Jet Blue)
I feel lucky to have known him, even for the short amount of time!
Old May 4, 2006, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Unhappy

Vincent was truly an amazing guy. He was so incredibly generous. At the last CO DO in Houston he was buying drinks for everyone. It wasn't just one drink - it was as many as you could drink. "Want another?" It was not just for me -- it was for everyone in the room. He enjoyed being friendly and being kind to others. He was a great guy. What more can I say? I'm still in shock.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Wow. I can't believe this. I just met Vincent at the Freddies last weekend after seeing his posts for forever. He was a great guy, and I am very very sad to hear this news. Rest peacefully, Vincent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.