Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Lunch/early Dinner in Los Angeles, this Thursday Nov 10.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lunch/early Dinner in Los Angeles, this Thursday Nov 10.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Lightbulb Lunch/early Dinner in Los Angeles, this Thursday Nov 10.

Is anyone about Thursday and wants to catch up for a bite to eat and a drink for lunch, late lunch or early dinner?

I arrive into LAX from the Tel Aviv Doo on LH from TLV/FRA at about noon.

Am then catching the UA Sydney flight that evening about 10.30pm or whatever.

Had planned to grab some shut eye at an airport Hotel but priceline rates for LAX are thru the ceiling for some reason lately, so makes more sense to stay awake and catch up with some FT'ers.

Please drop me an email if you are about - ozstamps at bigpond.net.au - or post here.

Glen
Old Nov 3, 2005, 5:25 am

Would love to meet for dinner. I will be flying out early on 11/11 from LAX-DEN-ORD-EWR. Name the place and time and I will confirm
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Oz,

Slightly off-topic, the *wood hotels at LAX can be had for 3000 - 4000 points a night. That's pretty good value if you can't do P/L.

DH
Old Nov 3, 2005, 7:01 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I am on a redeye out of LAX that night too, but in the other direction. Don't know what time I will be getting in from Ontario (possibly as early as 6pm, possibly as late as 8pm) but would be up for a drinkie or 6.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A drinkie 'or 6' with kokonutz.

There is a certain recipie to sleep soundly all the 14 hours to SYD.

Does RTW4 know what he is getting into here? OK that sounds like the germ of a plan right there plan. Koko - please let's know your flight times when you can.

Which is that Starwood Hotel near airport with the zillion Belgian Beers, and 12% alcohol rating on many of them .... I seem to recall it is the Four Points? Boy that was a hazy night after I found that place.

And if anyone is around near lunch, a drinkie or 6 then will get me into practice for later evening.

Have checked my flights and I arrive on LH at 12.35pm on Thurs Nov 10, (Bradley I guess?) and fly out 10.25pm on UA to Syd.

I PRAY I can have bags checked thru TLV-SYD and thus not seen them again for 40 hours, but the 10 hour gap and change of carriers in LAX might be the issue.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:20 pm

I will be arriving back to LA around midnight on the 10th. I could meet you for that 6pm drinkie.

That Starwood place with all of the beers is the Four Points.

diana

Originally Posted by ozstamps
A drinkie 'or 6' with kokonutz.

There is a certain recipie to sleep soundly all the 14 hours to SYD.

Does RTW4 know what he is getting into here? OK that sounds like the germ of a plan right there plan. Koko - please let's know your flight times when you can.

Which is that Starwood Hotel near airport with the zillion Belgian Beers, and 12% alcohol rating on many of them .... I seem to recall it is the Four Points? Boy that was a hazy night after I found that place.

And if anyone is around near lunch, a drinkie or 6 then will get me into practice for later evening.

Have checked my flights and I arrive on LH at 12.35pm on Thurs Nov 10, (Bradley I guess?) and fly out 10.25pm on UA to Syd.

I PRAY I can have bags checked thru TLV-SYD and thus not seen them again for 40 hours, but the 10 hour gap and change of carriers in LAX might be the issue.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for that confirmation Diana. ^

OK so how does this sound as a plan:

If around 6pm suits you at that Belgian Beer Bar at the Four Points, and hopefully also RTW4 around then, we can hang there til kokonutz and whomever else might be around arrives. I recall you can ever eat in that area too which might make good sense?

Now if anyone is around for LUNCH ... please let me know!
Old Nov 7, 2005, 8:41 am

I'll be at the Four Points bar at 6pm.
See you there.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 1:55 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Oh boy. Koko and Oz.

Twist my arm.

I may be around earlier too.

Call me that afternoon if you want to meet up earlier

867-5309

Last edited by wingless; Nov 11, 2005 at 3:14 pm
Old Nov 7, 2005, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Oooh, an afternoon with wingless - and no auh2o around to chaperone us?

The day is looking great already.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:48 am

Programs: FT Member # 642
I certainly do not want to spend all afternoon and evening at the Four Points so why don't those who want to leave their cars park at the Four Points and I will pick up around 1:30pm and head out to Manhattan Beach or Hermosa Beach and get a late lunch or appetizers and return to the Four Points to meet up with everyone else at 6pm.

Depending on weather is what we will exactly do so call me on Thursday around noon at the # posted above and I will give more info.

Cheri
Old Nov 8, 2005, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hi there. Just talked to wingless and here's our tentative plan. My flight (if it's on time) arrives at LAX at 12:15pm.

I'll head home from the airport, pick up car, & go back & pick up Oz at approximately 1:30-2:00 & take him to Beaches restaurant/bar that overlooks the Manhattan Beach pier. wingless will meet us there (and anyone else who's around that early is welcome to join).

Because I'm actually flying back to LA to attend the Britannia Awards, I have to bug out of Beaches by 3:30pm to head to Bev Hills for hair appt & then head to awards event. wingless will take care of getting oz back to the 4Points (unless folk want to meet in Manhattan Beach instead of a hotel bar).

oz, do you have a GSM phone that you can call me from as you exit customs, or do you want to call me after you've checked into 4Points (are you even going to check into 4Points?). If you don't, what time do you want me to pick you up at 4Pts? Also, what's your flight info so we can track it in case your flight is delayed, etc.

I'm on the red-eye tonight to NYC & my email availability will be very sporadic due to my schedule (ie, land, check into hotel, shower, go straight to trade show, out to dinner w/ client, & back to LA the next morning). If something changes, email me but also email wingless, who has my cell phone # and can reach me.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 8, 2005, 2:01 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Oooh, an afternoon with wingless - and no auh2o around to chaperone us?

The day is looking great already.

May you get a 90 year old FA on your LAX-SYD flight...
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by auh2o

May you get a 90 year old FA on your LAX-SYD flight...
That's a penalty? I'll get those automatically on United.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Hi there. Just talked to wingless and here's our tentative plan. My flight (if it's on time) arrives at LAX at 12:15pm.

I'll head home from the airport, pick up car, & go back & pick up Oz at approximately 1:30-2:00 & take him to Beaches restaurant/bar that overlooks the Manhattan Beach pier. wingless will meet us there (and anyone else who's around that early is welcome to join).

Because I'm actually flying back to LA to attend the Britannia Awards, I have to bug out of Beaches by 3:30pm to head to Bev Hills for hair appt & then head to awards event. wingless will take care of getting oz back to the 4Points (unless folk want to meet in Manhattan Beach instead of a hotel bar).
Thanks Sharon .. sounds good. Thanks for your kind offer. ^

Boy you really are juggling your time. If there is some simple way for me to get to Manhattan Beach I can do that, or if anyone is going to be around 1.30pm ish maybe they can assist?

Sadly my cell does not work in USA.

I am not staying Four Points as my flights is at 10.25pm same day Thursday, so I'll need to get there around 9.30pm ish if I have boarding passes to hand.

I only suggested that place as is is easy to get to with free shuttle (as in fact is any other airport hotel if one is better for a quick park and grab of someone waiting there!) to save the drama of trying to hook up at airport itself.

If LH 456 ex FRA is on time, I'll arrive into LAX 12.35pm, so will be done with customs and at whatever hotel or meeting point by soon after 1pm.

wingless has a good point - if diana and RTW4 and Kokonutz are happy with Beaches restaurant/bar that overlooks the Manhattan Beach pier, around 6ish that sounds excellent and no-one else then needs to worry about 4 Points!

Or if anyone else is around in afternoon they of course are welcome to join us there after about 2pm ish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.