Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What did your FT Handle/Name come from? (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2002, 2:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My handle is Princess with out the I. In the days of AOL your login could not be more than 10 characters long. Every combination with Princess spelled correctly was gone so I took out the I and added my month and year of birth. I am the princesss ... well just because I am the princesss. If you ask my dad he would say it was because I was a royal pain in the a**. Seriously though, my parents have always called me the princess. I think I got the better nick name. My sis is nicknamed "Budha."

Old Nov 11, 2002, 3:30 pm

Michigan State undergrad plus my home-away-from home and arguably America's coolest airport
Old Nov 11, 2002, 6:02 pm

Was trying to select an e-mail address on a sleepy night. Exasperated after all versions of my name were unavailable, I used my initials, with the first three primary numbers in between. Not until I finished did I realized that 11 should be the third number, not 9...

JP
Old Nov 11, 2002, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Nothing original here.... Initial Initial LastName....used my e-mail address. I have too many log-ins and screen names to be creative enough to remember another one!
Old Nov 12, 2002, 7:06 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Peter is a pseudonym and 42 is a tribute to Douglas Adams.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
In order to earn money to support both my wife and my "flying habit".....

I sell bonds.
'nuff said
Best wishes.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:53 am

because those pills really do add 3"

seriously: I work for a mfg of extremely high quality construction tools
Old Nov 12, 2002, 12:29 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
Because the Miami Hurricanes get no respect although we are on a 31 game winning streak and are the number 1 team in the nation. So,GoCanes!!!!!!</font>
ummm, and I believe your last loss (or close to it) was when the Huskies sent you home crying from Seattle a couple years ago...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Grasshopper:
If the Bruins win out and UW beats WSU, we'll be in Pasadena on January 1...)</font>
ummmm, with UW's performance so far this year, I wouldn't count on it. But who knows, we haven't lost an Apple Cup in at least three years. I'd love to see that upset take place!

Ok, back on topic, my name comes from my favorite fictional book, Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. The '83' was the random number hotmail assigned me back in 1998 because 'Ender' was already taken.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 1:18 pm

process of elimination: other fun names were already taken so...my first initial and my last name with "flying" to hammer it home
Old Nov 12, 2002, 2:33 pm

Very interesting!

I've been nicknamed Buster for years now (after escaping w/o a nickname for most of my life). I was snowboarding in Utah and had fallen down. I was just sitting in the snow when a man skied up to me, said "Hey Buster, how's it going?" I didn't answer, and he looked at me again, said "Oh, you're not Gordon," and skied away. I thought it was actually pretty funny, given that I'm a woman, not this man's teenaged son! I made the mistake of telling Senor Hamachi, and I've been Buster ever since.
Old Nov 12, 2002, 10:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TOOLMAN:
because those pills really do add 3"
</font>

Mine is from living in NorCal and enjoying the fruit of the vine!
Old Nov 13, 2002, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Mine is my first name plus Wdrf, which stands for "Willendorf" as in Venus of!

Kathy
Old Nov 13, 2002, 8:24 am

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB

Just using my first name and what I like to do makes it easy for people to remember.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I just use a short version of my name, Bruce D. Schobel. I can't remember anything more complicated.

Bruce
Old Nov 13, 2002, 10:35 am

Programs: SPG Pref+, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat, BA Blue, AA Riff-Raff, UA Unwashed, Travel Anonymous Platinum
At the time of my FT registration, I was purely UA flyer and I routinely use "Eagle" in my handles because I just love to be up in the air, soaring over landscape and sea.... Now, if I could change the handle, I'd probably be less specific about the airline--probably something like TX_Eagle or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.