Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Monthly Gathering Thread....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2004, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
DFW Monthly Gathering Thread....

The title says it all. There has been some discussion about this in the AA forum and it also came up at the last DFW dinner that we really didn't do stuff much despite the fact that we have many posters in the DFW metro.

I chatted a bit further with Sam DFW and studley today and we figured that gathering was in order and that there we enough of us to rotate the "initiating" duties if we just got a recurring thread going.

So....

... in that vein, here it is.

I'm going to go ahead and post the "first" get together... next Tuesday night in the Addison/North Dallas corridor. (We've done Las Colinas/Grapevine/Uptown/Greenville/Deep Ellum in the past, so I figure a trip up north is a plus... especially since it is a hop/skip/jump from studley's stomping grounds and he normally drives to us!)

I'm partial to this place because they catered my holiday party this year and did a fabulous job. I'm a huge fan of their Adobe Pie. Oh, and also because they mix a mean margarita... and what is a DFW FT gathering without one or ten of those?

Blue Mesa Grill
5100 Belt Line Rd Ste 500
Dallas, TX 75254
Phone: 972-934-0165

Tuesday, December 28

We'll convene in the bar around 6:30... and then head to find a table around 7 pm (we'll leave the name "FlyerTalk" at the door for latecomers).

The bar scene at happy hour, btw, can be fun... if you arrive early, you might make an extra friend to bring to the table for dinner!

Post here if you think you can make it... or feel free to just show up and decide to surprise us.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 6:30 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Count me in!
Old Dec 23, 2004, 9:20 pm

Awww....thanks for thinking about me, techgirl!

Originally Posted by techgirl
The bar scene at happy hour, btw, can be fun... if you arrive early, you might make an extra friend to bring to the table for dinner!
Yeah...lots of opportunities there.

There are also free, all you can eat, quesadillas from 1630-1900.

This is very near my office, so I've been to a lot of happy hours (and unfortunately farewells) there.

Last edited by studley; Dec 23, 2004 at 9:27 pm
Old Dec 23, 2004, 9:25 pm

Actually, that area is not close to my stomping grounds....it is PART of my stomping grounds.

Speaking of which, I have an idea of where we can go when we get to the summer months....hehehe!
Old Dec 24, 2004, 6:15 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
techgirl,

After reading the thread in the AA forum, I'm definitely interested in something like this. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for this one. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for the next one, though!

BTW, I assume from your handle and from the article you posted re: street surfacing, that you are a TTU grad. Me too! Go Red Raiders! Beat Cal!

Cheers,
lbbzman
Old Dec 24, 2004, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Put me down as probable.

Back in the day when a Friday post-work happy hour was a weekly thing for me, this was one of our regular spots. Those complimentary custom-made quesadilla's in the bar were mighty tasty.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Cool... so far we have:

djev
studley
swag
techgirl

... and I'll have to e-mail a couple of folks who I know never check Community too.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 9:41 am

I'm still in Europe on the 28th, but I would be happy to join you next time! I would appreciate knowing the date 3-4 weeks in advance. Have fun!
Old Dec 26, 2004, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Put me down as well-though I will need you guys to carry a rollerboard into the bar so that I can identify you
Old Dec 26, 2004, 2:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Count me in for sometime in the future. 3-4 weeks notice would be helpful. Sounds like a lot of fun.
Old Dec 26, 2004, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Score! An Addison Meet!

Sadly, I just (not 5 minutes ago) booked a day-trip to see friends down in Padre on Tuesday, but I'm definitely in for anything like this in the future.

I should probably move over to the AA board too seeing as how I live in Dallas...
Old Dec 26, 2004, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Score! An Addison Meet!
There'll be more of these, since I'll have something to do with them. LOL

paradocs, the next event will be in mid-January. That enough time for ya?
Old Dec 27, 2004, 7:14 am

Programs: Exxon Mobil Supertanker, WN Double Peanut, Accor Golden Cockroach
I will have to take a rain check until February, maybe. It could be March. I supposedly live in DFW
Old Dec 27, 2004, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Plat
Count me in. Since work and traffic should both be light tomorrow I should be able to make it.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Bump for dinner tonight....

.... drinks at Blue Mesa at around 6:30 and we'll sit down for dinner around 7 pm.

So far:

3ata
cmhua777
djev
studley
swag
techgirl
friend of techgirl

Anyone else who sees this, please feel free to just "show up". I'm grabbing my calendar tonight as we should also get a chance to discuss what else might be going on in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.