Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:35 am

I didn't even know this thread existed until now. I suppose I shall introduce myself, in a belated manner!

My name is Lorelai, I live in Sheffield in the UK, late 20s (to early 30s), I'm a HR manager so nobody likes me at work, and my interests involve travel, reading, country and folk music, meditation (essential for a reduced-stress life) and my husband and cat.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Alitalia Platinum (SkyTeam Elite Plus)
Hi guys!

I got into miles and airline status about half a year ago. Sadly to late to credit my multiple Europe-Asia trips to M&M... I havn't travelled to much this year due to work beeing more centralized now. I just had some european international flights and sadly not enough for M&M status.
I discovered Aegean on the Internet and immediately regretted putting my miles into M&M.
I talked to my Dad about my new obsession with miles etc. and as it turns out, he used to be a SEN and still holds FTL thourgh the Oil and Energy Club. I recently travelled with him and he really doesn't use his benefits and was surprised when the Person at eco check-in told him that he could have checked-in at the business counter.
My first ever business class flight was abourd a swiss md-11 to Miami. Great stuff!
My goal for next year is to achieve *g with A3. I hope I'll actually get round to it..

You might have already guessed it: I'm from Switzerland
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles, Marriott, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Just joined officially!

From Seattle, never travelled growing up so trying to catch up! Frequent traveller for business (aerospace) both domestic and international. Actively developing a love for street photography and snap everywhere I go. I travel alone but love meeting new people and developing instant friendships around the world. Hoping to instill the love for travel with my two little boys so they appreciate and embrace diversity and aren't afraid to go out and explore. Oh yeah, I'm also a huge Seahawks fan, so I won't travel during a game #HardLimits.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Pretty new here. I'm Cleveland born and bred, and this is where I make my home. I fly at least once a month as a military reservist, so I mostly stick to one route (CLE to Dallas/Ft. Worth). However, I love to travel elsewhere whenever possible.

This site is great for learning the ins and outs of commercial travel, and has been a great resource thus far.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I didn't know this thread existed either!

I'm Christina, I'm in my early 30s, and I live in Texas but my birthplace and heart are on the West Coast. I love love love to travel. I've been to 43 states and 24 countries, with 4 more countries being added next month All of my international travel has been 100% leisure and within the past 7 years. I work for the state government so there is zero opportunity to travel for my job so I have to fund it all myself. I've been happily married for over 3 years and thankfully he is willing to go along for the ride. I also love passport stamps, sushi, scuba diving, Harry Potter (I buy them in foreign languages when I travel), and making new friends from other countries. I would love to get to know some people from this board
Old Oct 1, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: Air: UA (Gold), AA, WN, DL; Hotel: Hilton (Diamond), plus all the rest
Thank you all for being a resource on many occasions over the years. At the rate travel is getting harder, I may need a support group to avoid insanity, so I finally signed up.

I travel on Gubmint business (and for many years in the private sector) and have about 500K on American (from when I lived in Dallas) and 550K on United, in addition to the 100K or so spread across Southwest, Delta, and so on. I average about 70K per year, but because it's the Gubmint, they are spread across several airlines. I have the miles this year for UA Gold but not the PQD's (prolly $5200 by year's end), so will probably drop back to silver, which. just. sucks. I usually need at least one Alaska trip to reach UA Gold, given the constraints of government fares, but I didn't make it there this year. Much of my travel is up the Northeast Corridor and so I've been on Amtrak half a dozen times this year, which further ate into the UA goal.

I have half a million points with Hilton and much less on their competitors. No problem maintaining Diamond for me.

I use a government travel card and therefore have no extra tricks for padding my frequent traveler accounts.

The transit systems in Atlanta, Washington, New York, and San Francisco ought to pay me FSP--frequent suffering points--and I carry their cards in my wallet all the time. No status with rental car companies therefore, but they all suck even with status these days. Government travelers rarely get to rent a car, or at least a car that will contain one whole human.

I hate checking bags and can fit a fortnight of stuff into my raggedy old PNT roller. Between it and my briefcase, who needs a gym?

Anyway--Hello.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Rdenney
Thank you all for being a resource on many occasions over the years. At the rate travel is getting harder, I may need a support group to avoid insanity, so I finally signed up.
You are welcome here Rdenny. You'll find many similar sufferers on our site.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:53 pm

Exclamation Step one, or ?

Ohhh Lucifer, please take my hand !

Hello there, am still in stage of "did I gone exceptionally too illusional this time to think about a reason, guidance brought me here , So, Me? late 30's settled in Germany not long while , Love living but in bit controversial way of living , Knowledge , Embrace further horizons of utilize Non-traditional and un known Abilities and capabilities of this fascinating thing called "HUMAN". Explore and Experience far wider than I had , in all far corners of universe and same while finding my Utopia "Where I melt down WORK=Job as necessity on living full-time doing my passion in life / Hobby of those pointed above, and secured with being with the real effective and able base of Organized group gaining me enough to "Live" having what needs to do it.

So, Time to cut this short and ran it up; Each and every orienting feedback from all levels about all aspects most appreciated.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:42 am

34 years old here, born in Los Angeles but grew up in the South US (Biloxi and Memphis) and finally moved to San Diego 9 years ago, which I now call home.

I got into this by researching how to pay for my mortgage (got my first homr in dec. 2014) using a CC. That got me into a thread on here about the Target Prepaid Red Card and the rest has been history. I've opened up all kinds of CC's and have met minimum spends, and track all of my awards thru awardwallet.com ... I even dabbled in the GC to MO route but my local grocery stores stopped accepting GC's or debit cards in general for MO's.

I would love to meet up other MS'ers in the San Diego area and discuss new ways to MS and maybe even just ways to earn the most miles. Please reach out to me if interested, heck even exchange emails or threads on here first if you want ... I just want to learn!

Cheers!
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
well here I am. Name is Mike Dovenmuehler, born and raised in Jerome Idaho. Work at a hvacr wholesale company and outside of that I own my own online business and I am a secret point player lol.

Ive been here reading and listening and learning for a long time and I love this place. It has really opened my mind to great ideas as well as given me a huge learning curve with msing, credit cards, smart choices and so on. I enjoy playing the points game on a level where im earning and not spending like some enjoy.

Id love to meet with others however crazy as it sounds either everyone where I live is in hiding and wont come out to share or I am the only crazy person in my town. Very small towns here, Twin Falls is a town next door being a pop of 50k is all . Its 2+ hours to the nearest actual city, so any churning or vgc runs I have done have always been easy, fun and all the ladies and people I see when doing it know me and I know them and its a good laugh everytime.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I'm just a guy with two jobs, hoping to whittle that down to one soon, who loves to be in the air. San Diego based, Rochester (NY) born and a firm believer that the world won't come see me, so I better go see it.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: Starwood Plat, AA Plat
ASL lol ...
Lurker for a few years and finally joined.
Male, early 30's, work in corporate america, of the minority race and I reside in Dallas. Currently, traveling to the SF area for work. ^
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by He Who Travels
ASL lol ...
Lurker for a few years and finally joined.
Male, early 30's, work in corporate america, of the minority race and I reside in Dallas. Currently, traveling to the SF area for work. ^
Welcome to Flyertalk He Who Travels ^
Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: YouTube
Hello, I will travel to London soon.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Mythx
Hello, I will travel to London soon.
Welcome to FT and have a great trip!

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.