Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 1999, 8:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Just thought I would bring this thread forward for those who haven't yet posted (you know who you are - hint hint). You're willing to expose yourself partly by participating on this board, so open up just a little more. Don't forget the rogue's gallery of most wanted frequent flyer photos too!
Old Feb 18, 1999, 12:17 pm

So, it might be mine turn. I am one on the many consultants on the board, but one of the minority of women. Oh well, story of my life.

My name comes from my AOL account and I picked it because I sometimes do stand-up comedy. The travels have reduced my show time. I really don't want to be on a stage out of town and find out the client was in the audience.

I fly out of ORD and for the past 6 months I have been working in Denver. That location is due to change soon. Interests have even included the occasional cigar. But the Cuban cigar almost killed me.

I hit Platinum on AA this year...I did not travel so much in prior jobs. The board is great and learning to know all of you is my newest hobby.
Old Feb 19, 1999, 6:02 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Catman, do we get miles for buying your autobio?

My name is Dave and I live in Long Beach, CA. I have a good friend who lives in Beaumont, TX who I travel to see every few months so my CO miles are building up. Both of my sons play Ice Hockey, so I get more miles traveling with them.

If any of you need answers to questions regarding SoCal, please feel free to ask me.

Dave

Old Feb 19, 1999, 8:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
We are ranDY and lesIE Gibson of Downey CA. Both worked for Unocal until recently, now just les. I was in environmental and compliance, she is in project finance/ She still flies intl and domestic (1-k UA, diamond H). I was elite with AS with material miles on AA and UA and gold with Sheraton and Diamond for 8 yrs with Hyatt. Now I keep track of her programs and am working to round off my various accounts into even tickets. Hyatt let us combine (thanks), wish more did. We are early mid 50's, have one cat and feed another plus pet and "love" 5 neighborhood dogs and three additional cats. Zoos, aquariums etc are our hobby, all over the world. I really enjoy this site and wish it were active back in the early 80's when everything was new in the points arena. Thank you all!
Old Feb 19, 1999, 8:50 am
geo1004

Hey all. I'm new to the board, relatively speaking compared to our "founding fathers" (CATMAN, RUDI, et.al.). Unlike most on this board, I travel almost exclusively for pleasure and solely on US AIRWAYS to maintain my Pref. Plus status. I live in DC and fly solely on the deeply discounted tix, upgrading as I go!!! A couple of well timed European jaunts and a few west coast runs (with interesting routing of course...) each year allow me to keep my Preferred status. I THRIVE on travel (it's my therapy...) and can not imagine a more exciting place than an international airport. I am TOTALLY JEALOUS of the monthly itinerary boards posted in the BUZZ. I'm a ff mile miser, route myself for the most milage possible on any given trip (MIA-BWI-DCA, for example)and have finally dipped into my account for a Business Class ticket on Quantas for this summer....can't wait. One day, I plan to stand in the LHR receiving line with all the limo drivers and porters with a sign that says CATMAN or RUDI or MATT WALD and see who shows up!!! I raise a pint of Guiness to all!!!!

Old Feb 19, 1999, 9:23 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
For all of the new members:

(As was mentioned) I set up a "rogues gallery" for photos of all of the contributors to this forum. If you E-mail me with an attached JPEG, I will post it with your first name and Username. The URL is:

HTTP://members.aol.com/flyerpics/wanted.htm

If you don't have access to JPEGS or a scanner, please feel free to e-mail me and I'll give you instructions for sending me a photo via snail-mail to scan and return.

My E-mail address is as in the Info above, or use my new one: [email protected]

Old Feb 19, 1999, 9:52 am
Original Member

Here I am:

http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/relay/412/HOLLYparis.jpg

I am the guy. Holly is the girl.

[This message has been edited by crju (edited 02-19-99).]
Old Feb 19, 1999, 12:18 pm

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
I'm a Manhattanite who lives to travel. All of my travel is personal and I always book the cheapest fare available. I've accrued 1.6 million miles into my AAdvantage account which I opened in December 1983.

As most of my travel is International, I've found that it's a good idea to dress nicely, smile politely, and be NICE. I've had a pretty good average of getting comp upgrades (to biz). Traveling domestically I upgrade with my stickers, but only if a snack or meal is being served.

I'm realtively new to the this, but have enjoyed eavesdropping for the past few months and have posted to this thread on the urging of my friend in Dallas, TrAAveller.

Old Feb 19, 1999, 12:32 pm

Allow myself to introduce....myself? Howdy Ya'll. I'm a Texan AA Platinum member. At 23, I've enjoyed the oppotunity to travel all over the world. In my first year on the AAdvantage program I've accrued over 220,000 miles. Some for work, but mostly for pleasure. Last year I travelled many domestics as well as multiple trips overseas like Africa, London, Paris, Brussels, Berlin, Moscow, Rome, etc. etc. etc.

This sorta thing is my bag baby....yeah! Will work for miles.
Old Feb 19, 1999, 12:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Welcome on board and thanks for the profiles. Glad I brought this thread forward so people could see it again.
Old Feb 19, 1999, 1:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: CO Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz President's Circle
well, there's just something about the 100th post that makes me want to finally jump in here.

my name is dan. i own a small computer consulting business in the pensacola, florida area. i originally started the company in hawaii in 1990, and moved to pensacola in early 1997. i still enjoy returning to hawaii about 3 times a year. i also visit europe (mainly england and germany) about twice a year on vacation.

i worked for the french space agency in washington, d.c. in the late 1980's, and since twa had a dulles-cdg non-stop at that time, i built up quite a few miles on them, and have tried to stay loyal to them even during their bankrupt years. i'm elite1 on them now (the old royal ambassador), premier with united, and silver med with delta.

i have really enjoyed the camaraderie on this site. i've only met one of you (auh20 in biloxi this past mardi gras weekend), but look forward to some of the mini-get-togethers in the next few months, and the BIG one in hawaii later this year.

aloha.

Old Feb 19, 1999, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Well, I've posted enough now that it's my turn to fess up.

My name is Charlie (sometimes I put it at the bottom of my posts), and I'm a partner at a major DC law firm. I do corporate and securities work. Oddly enough, I actually like business travel, but with e-mail, fax and phone, I only do so 8-10 times a year, and even then mostly only to NYC or Chicago.

My great love is international travel; in addition to a domestic weekend trip every month or two and an occasional quick and cheap winter trip to Europe, my partner and I try to really get away (often to Asia) for 3 weeks every fall. Accumulating enough miles for business class on those trips is my main goal, and I've been pretty good at it so far given my limited mileage-earning opportunies (mostly credit card charges). Since 1994 when I joined the Aadvantage program and got serious about it, I've redeemed several awards on JAL and AA to the far east, as well as a couple of upgrades for a quick trip to Mexico. While I try to stick with AA, living here in DC without a real hub or a usual destination makes it difficult.

For Catman: Our two cats rule our roost. Oedipus Paisley, or "Opie", is an 11-year old Cornish Rex. Nero Capability, or "Nero", is an 8-year old Devon Rex.

For Marvella: Miss Thing, if you ever do a show in the Mid-Atlantic area, let me know and me and my boy will be sure to bring lots of large-denomination bills. Kitty Meow sounds like quite the lucky (and patient) girl.

Charlie

[This message has been edited by chazas (edited 02-19-99).]
Old Feb 19, 1999, 2:13 pm
Commander Catcop

Maybe instead of my audiobiography (which is in the works) we should take all these postings and create a book called the FlyerTalk family with everyone's bio (in their own words -- including children and pets) a photo (even if it's a tree or a cartoon) and some comical reference.

We have to leave some record for the Library of Congress and the Smithsonian and the Jersey City Public Library of who we are and what we're doing!

ALthough I like NJDavid's site better. That's the electronic yearbook!

This can be like a yearbook. (Remember those:
I wanted to burn mine but my aunt didn't let me!)

Then end with a group shot from the Party in Paradise (or the various conventions!)

Glad you got the thread going again, BlondeBomber. CATMAN

Old Feb 19, 1999, 2:31 pm
Commander Catcop

OMNI CORRECTION: I must post a correction to one of the bios from my "family."

The groomer I took Sir Edwin Landseer to earlier this week because he had matted hair told me for three years I had the wrong breed of CAT> He's not domestic shorthair, but really an ANGORA.

I should have known with the long hair.

Of course I'm the only who cares if this is right but accuracy from a news-person you know!

WATCH IT JAWS... MR> TEXAS with NO BIO on Baobab's thread!!!

I guess your FlyerTalk bio's good enough!

You say you are Meg Ryan on another thread.
Can I have an autographed picture????

It's FRIDAY!!! ANd a few days to JIMMY BUFFETT!!! WWWHHEEEEEEE!!!! CATMAN
Old Feb 19, 1999, 2:46 pm
Original Member

My turn.....better late then never

As you can probably guess from my screen name -- my name is Jim. I am 29 y/o, work for Arthur Andersen in their International Tax practice in New York. I live on Long Island and enjoy it.

Have been an AAdvantage member since July 1989 -- coming up on 10 years! Can't wait to see my anniversary present! I fly a medium amount of miles -- from 1,000 miles in 1989 to 53,000 last year and projecting around 60-70 this year. You can find me flying from LGA and usually through ORD or DFW to my ultimate destination -- which these days has been Phoenix.

Travel Likes: First class, friendly flight attendants, telling me what is delaying us and the approximate delay time, FlyerTalk (ok -- I am an adict -- I check 3 times a day), surprize upgrades, AA, Marriott, National Car rental, US Airways

Dislikes: United Airline (esp. the rude gate agent I had to deal with), Hertz Customer Service (Clueless), flying coach on an oversold flight, middle seats, rude flight attendants, clueless travel agents and gate agents

I am known as the FF geru in my office and most people come to me for FF advice. Some have commented that I should be a travel agent and not a tax accountant.

In my free time (what little there is), I enjoy spending time with my girlfriend, travelling (believe it or not), skiing, golf, and just hanging out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.