Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 6:42 am

We all fly a lot, but why?

In my short time being a member here and a frequent flyer, I have realised that we seem to come from all walks of life and find it really interesting how we bond over this.

Even though I haven't posted so much I have really enjoyed this forum and the community on here.

So as a fun little interesting experiment, I thought it would be cool if we shared our occupation and why we travel so often.

I'm a sales manager for a software company and as a result fly at least once a week for sales meetings.

What are you
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: www.flyertalk.com
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie there

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie there. Hopefully share and get much useful knowledge from you all
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello Williamhdc2 and welcome to FlyerTalk. This place is a fantastic resource filled with many knowledgable and helpful people. It's also a great place to chat about travel and planes.

So please do have a look around and join in.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Welcome!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Welcome to Flyertalk. We look forward to many interesting discussions with you.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:23 am

Hi All!

I am Ben, 25, from London.
I am working in digital design.

Look forward to chat with you!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Hi All!

I am Ben, 25, from London.
I am working in digital design.

Look forward to chat with you!
Welcome to FlyerTalk mrpacifist.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: DL DM 1M, UA Ex Pr MM
The FlyerTalk weekly email is something I look forward to every Friday. It's comforting to know that others (MANY others) experience some of the same difficulties and pleasures of traveling and are willing to share their solutions and favorite places.

My travel has mostly been for business over the years, for 35+ as a national account manager in the casualty claims industry and since my retirement three years ago, for my 30 years as a licensed/independent contractor avocation as a CFA allbreed cat judge. That's right, there actually is such a thing! It takes me all over the world (Bangkok two weeks ago, followed by Jeffersonville, OH) and provides wonderful opportunities to meet people involved in the hobby of pedigreed cats. Next stop: Taipei.

My home base is southwestern Michigan (I'm a Yooper by birth) and I fly out of GRR and occasionally SBN. Delta and previously Northwest have been good to me, which basically means have never left me stranded anywhere (yet). My husband and I enjoy the fruits of my Delta Diamond status several times a year when we vacation, but we also love staying home with our Russian Blue cats and the company of close family nearby.

Retirement from a 'real' job adds a certain pleasure to traveling internationally...no need to worry if you have delays or a cancellation and there's that knowledge that if you want to hop on the flight to Paris instead of the flight to Detroit, there's nothing holding you back.

Safe travels!
OldNWGuy likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Been reading these forums off and on for a while but just now jumping in. Having started a new job/career earlier this year that has me travelling all the time, I've found the info here to be incredibly valuable as I learn the ropes of life on the road.

Currently I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California and fly out of RNO(Reno, NV).
Old Aug 17, 2017, 6:32 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TuxTom
Been reading these forums off and on for a while but just now jumping in. Having started a new job/career earlier this year that has me travelling all the time, I've found the info here to be incredibly valuable as I learn the ropes of life on the road.

Currently I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California and fly out of RNO(Reno, NV).
Welcome, TuxTom! Glad to see that you've decided to register and join our little corner of the interwebs.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk mrpacifist.
Many Thanks Calchas!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: UA, SPG, Marriott
Hello,

My name is Jamie. I'm 23 living in Chicago. Excited to be part of the community!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Totally never did this when I joined a few months back...I'm Brandon, moved from Dallas to St. Louis for work over a year ago; and regularly travel to different cities in the north central US for work.

Food, sports, and video games are the way of life!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamieraedouglass
Hello,

My name is Jamie. I'm 23 living in Chicago. Excited to be part of the community!
Welcome!

Originally Posted by obunewbie17
Totally never did this when I joined a few months back...I'm Brandon, moved from Dallas to St. Louis for work over a year ago; and regularly travel to different cities in the north central US for work.

Food, sports, and video games are the way of life!
and belated welcome!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I didn't realize this thread existed when I joined. My name is Stephanie. I fly out of BNA (Nashville). I'm still trying to learn all of the abbreviations used on the forums, but that makes it all the more enjoyable as I try to break the codes1 ;-)

I generally travel with my other half. Most of our travel is for the sole purpose of seeing a place we haven't seen before. I have learned so much already just from reading threads and either shaking my head or nodding - yes! I had something happen just like that!!

I've also learned most of my best travel lessons when something went wrong, and I had to figure out what to do next. Reading here is a bit like a crash course in 'what to do next' so thank you all very much!!!
Calchas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.