Reload this Page >

Who we all are

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who we all are

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 10:04 pm

Hey guys! I'm new. I read I should post a little about myself so here it goes- Real name is Catherine, I'm 32. Professional model and full-time business analyst at an international insurance company. I'm from the U.S. I enjoy the outdoors and traveling and love sushi. That about sums it up
Old Nov 22, 2015, 5:12 am

Another newbie / lurker, thought it was time I dived in to the community. I have relied on the US Airways purchased miles scheme for several years with little bother for diversifying. However, with the demise of the program I'm looking to learn more about tips and tricks for other ff schemes. I'm based in Australia so our churning options are limited (and generally linked to Qantas, which I find poor value) but I'm also planning on exploring this further very soon.

My business travel is entirely domestic but we generally travel overseas for leisure 2 to 3 times a year, and I love to try new airlines as much as possible. I am also a somewhat fussy eater who obsesses over airline menus and worries I will be trapped and hungry at 30,000 feet!
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: A3*G
Hello everyone!
Long time lurker here etc...
35 y.o. from Greece. I appreciate very much the fantastic FT resources and travel hacks that lead me to enjoy the FFP's perks to the maximum (I hope).
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
I'm a leisure traveller (avg 6-7 trips a year which results in about 30-35 segments annualy) who reads articles on FT, including forums, for quite a while and having learned lots of useful stuff from FT in the process. I fly out of AMS mostly. My other interests include scubadiving and flying single engine props around my country and NW Europe (which still beats flying business class in terms of fun :-).
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: FB Gold, TK Elite, AB Gold, Sixt Plat, Hertz 5* and former many things
Hi all,

first of all, I need to say I have been here for a while ... somehow I felt the need to thank the contributors for each recommendation I followed, really thank you all!

Paradoxically, after traveling extensively in the past, the pace is much slower, but maybe this is why I spend more time on FT
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: UA 1k
Hi All,

I'm excited to be here! I finally got around to joining FT after months of nagging from my FTer DH... and after several months since meeting a few FT folks in San Francisco (Polk street drinks to celebrate SMI/J's departure from UA), where I had the lovely opportunity to meet goalie, the pioneer of Tootsie pop-gifting. If/when you have the chance to meet goalie, be sure to ask him about it!!

I travel a lot for business internationally, mostly to Asia, excited to learn more insider knowledge.

Cheers,
Hotelie12
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:43 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Welcome to the December new members!

Hotelie12, given your UA elite status, I trust that you've discovered FlyerTalk's United MileagePlus forum - for all discussion specific to UA. You'll find goalie regularly on that forum
Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Hotelie12
Hi All,

I'm excited to be here! I finally got around to joining FT after months of nagging from my FTer DH... and after several months since meeting a few FT folks in San Francisco (Polk street drinks to celebrate SMI/J's departure from UA), where I had the lovely opportunity to meet goalie, the pioneer of Tootsie pop-gifting. If/when you have the chance to meet goalie, be sure to ask him about it!!

I travel a lot for business internationally, mostly to Asia, excited to learn more insider knowledge.

Cheers,
Hotelie12
Welcome to Flyertalk ^ and aw shucks and the pleasure was mine
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:39 am

I just discovered FT

I'm new to the group and to most of your travel hacks. I'm retired and want to do some serious traveling and writing, so I've packed up everything I own and sold my car. I'm planning to live "on the road."

I'm ready to learn everything I can. Right now I am heading to South America (leaving 12/31) and plan to be there for as long as it takes me to see Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, and anywhere else in S. A. that strikes my fancy.

I'll be watching for lots of tips and advice on saving $$ and earning miles. Does anyone have much experience with the South American airlines? Are mileage runs a possibility?

I'm excited to be here. Looking forward to chatting and/or meeting you.

Leigh
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:53 am

Smile Newbie to FT and sudden frequent traveler

Hi, I recently started traveling much more frequently due to 1) children have left the nest; 2) husband is now semi-retired. We recently joined the Starwood vacation program during a trip to Maui (we became instant lifetime gold members, but I'm still trying to figure out what that means). We were already part of Marriott's timeshare system, so I'm paying lots of attention right now to trying to figure out how to maximize our use of the combined system. When we fly, we always spend way too much time trying to figure out the Byzantine requirements of various airlines and credit cArd companies so that we can sit in a decent airline lounge before flights, etc. I will eagerly be absorbing the advice from the experienced travelers in this forum.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:09 pm

Who we all are

I am a newbie in the forum and excited to read and learn from the so many valuable insights that are posted in the forum.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Lurking on FT since 2012, been blessed with domestic flight benefits from YYC's homegrown carrier since my early 20's and milked it for all its worth while I could.

Now in my early 30's & recently regained my bachelorhood, with too much time & freedom on my hands but no more flight bennies I've started to get into the credit card game as well as self-funding my adventures. All my travels are 100% leisure and 90% solo, started flying in 1990 at the ripe ol' age of 6 and have been to all the continents except South America.

One of my biggest hobby is stadium-hopping, I've been to 18/30 NHL arenas so far and hope to finish them all in the next couple years. I had an ambitious goal of '30 under 30', but being married at the time really put a damper on this and now I'm aiming for '30 under 35' lol...also recently got into the NFL thing. Flames & Seahawks are my teams!

Would love to meet up with some FT'ers while on the road, guess I better start looking for those shiny yellow luggage tags lol
Old Jan 13, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan / Star Alliance
New to FT, new to frequent travel! Sports Traveller

30 years old, just landed in my career, which has been a bit of a shock to my system with the travel!

Based in Vancouver BC, I started my job in September and have had 64 flights in 135 days. From September to April, I expect to hit 120 segments. I work for a major sports league and travel to the various team's cities across North America.

I signed up for Aeroplan and travel 90% on Star Alliance (Air Canada and United). All of my hotel nights are in Marriott properties.

My goal in FlyerTalk is to learn from the masters! I want to maximize my Aeroplan earnings, and use them to travel for pleasure in my 'off-season'.

So far I've signed up for a TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite, and have already received my Chase Canada Marriott Rewards Visa. I'm currently trying to wrap my head around the 'mini RTW' for future knowledge. Also considering dabbling in what you call 'churning'. So much to learn!

I'd also like to start contributing as much as possible, hopefully offering some useful information to the community.

Nice to meet you all!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
Been lurking on FT for a few years, and posted only a handful of times.

36 year old female in DC. Husband travels 100% of the time for work. He's PM on DL by segments - territory is East Coast and is Diamond with HH and Plat with Marriott. We have no children and my travel is mostly leisure. Oddly, I work loosely in aviation and know a lot about the workings of ATC and the TT programs. This forum has been incredibly helpful in making sure my husband is maximizing his FF program and other loyalty programs and helping offset our leisure travel costs. I've used several hotel suggestions from this site and have learned to trust the recommendations here over TA. This site has been great for managing expectations of hotels, both positively and negatively.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:28 pm

I am not sure how to post to this forum

Originally Posted by kallisthenis
Hello everyone!
Long time lurker here etc...
35 y.o. from Greece. I appreciate very much the fantastic FT resources and travel hacks that lead me to enjoy the FFP's perks to the maximum (I hope).
kallisthenis, I am attaching a note to your greeting because I could not see how to open my own post. :-( I am a retired professor of educational research and planning who is focusing on living the sunset years via travel. I have enjoyed and have profited from reading FT for a number of years, but this is the first time I actually joined with the idea of contributing as well as lurking. Can someone tell me how to find the button that allows posting? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.