Search

The FlyerTalk Business Exchange Forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
My main job is stay-at-home dad, but I do several things on the side:

1. Buy and sell used and rare books/libraries and collectible paper

2. Rent my Disney Vacation Club Timeshare. Stay at a Deluxe Disney resort for 50% or less of the regular price.

3. Sell mint US postage stamps at a substantial discount from face, saving you up to 25% on your USPS shipping costs. I have customers who buy thousands of dollars' worth a month.

PM me any time.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA
Currently a Computer Science grad student - been doing freelance web development/software development for quite a few years. My specialization is actually integration of various systems (legacy) w/ technologies such as messaging, etc. Also specialize in helping companies deploy applications to the cloud.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by carsonheim
Canarsie encouraged me to post over here... I posted in the "hire a flyertaker" thread (and didn't realize that this one existed!) but I'll recap here.

I'm a full-time voiceover talent. I do voicemail/message-on-hold, corporate narrations, e-learning, radio imaging, traditional TV and radio commercials, podcast intros/extros, etc.

If you're looking for someone with great pipes and lots of experience to deliver clean files recorded and engineered in a soundproof booth, I'm your girl!

Let me know if I can help!

CC Heim (aka: carsonheim)
She is highly talented and has the mrpickles seal of approval! I highly recommend this classy lqdy.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: United 1P, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Currently working for the government full time.

When I'm not doing mileage runs, I am looking for real estate in Phoenix to invest in. Feels like I'm always working!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:59 pm

www.LetsGoSpanish.com

Hi All,

I currently work full-time in the finance sector/emerging market equities in Toronto. However, as a little side-business, my friend and I own a Spanish school with teachers located in Guatemala.

The premise is that we can provide highly-trained, enthusiastic teachers that are native Spanish-speakers to teach their language online (usually over Skype) in a private environment, for a very affordable price - much cheaper than a local tutor in a North American/European city. The class is mostly conversational, which is always the hard part of learning any language.

We offer a free trial for anyone who would be interested to learn in this fashion.

The website is located here: http://www.letsgospanish.com

Enjoy!
Old Mar 4, 2012, 1:48 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

ReTryIt, Inc. at www.retryit.com

I am excited to announce a new business venture which officially launched today, of which I am the Vice President of Marketing. It is called ReTryIt, Inc., and it is a penny auction Internet web site where you can sell products and services as well as bid on them.

Sellers earn ten times the amount of the final sales price of an item or product. For example, if a product is purchased by the winning bidder for $20.00, the seller earns $200.00. There is no cost to sell an item at www.retryit.com.

There are no bid packages to purchase. The only requirement when purchasing bids is that you purchase a minimum of 20 bids with each transaction.

This is potentially related to FlyerTalk because I hope to eventually have a travel component associated with this concept — although travel products and services could certainly be sold immediately at www.retryit.com. For example, it would be the dream of a “mileage runner” to successfully have the winning bid of a $2,000.00 trip and purchase it for a fraction of the price while still earning miles and still being able to upgrade — or, perhaps a hotel or vacation package could be sold to a winning bidder for a fraction of the original suggested retail value while still earning points.

Please support this venture by spreading the word about www.retryit.com and tell your family, friends, colleagues and neighbors about it. I would greatly appreciate it. Also, please join as a member to participate — and registration is free of charge.

Thank you in advance.

By the way, the first company I launched celebrated its 20th year in business last month, and I am proud of that achievement...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I am excited to announce a new business venture which officially launched today, of which I am the Vice President of Marketing. It is called ReTryIt, Inc., and it is a penny auction Internet web site where you can sell products and services as well as bid on them.

Sellers earn ten times the amount of the final sales price of an item or product. For example, if a product is purchased by the winning bidder for $20.00, the seller earns $200.00. There is no cost to sell an item at www.retryit.com.

There are no bid packages to purchase. The only requirement when purchasing bids is that you purchase a minimum of 20 bids with each transaction.

This is potentially related to FlyerTalk because I hope to eventually have a travel component associated with this concept — although travel products and services could certainly be sold immediately at www.retryit.com. For example, it would be the dream of a “mileage runner” to successfully have the winning bid of a $2,000.00 trip and purchase it for a fraction of the price while still earning miles and still being able to upgrade — or, perhaps a hotel or vacation package could be sold to a winning bidder for a fraction of the original suggested retail value while still earning points.

Please support this venture by spreading the word about www.retryit.com and tell your family, friends, colleagues and neighbors about it. I would greatly appreciate it. Also, please join as a member to participate — and registration is free of charge.

Thank you in advance.

By the way, the first company I launched celebrated its 20th year in business last month, and I am proud of that achievement...
I like the idea. Hopefully you get a large user base quickly.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 1:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I tried to sign up for ReTryIt, Inc, but, alas, you only accept people living in the US or Canada.

As I have an American-issued credit card, and often send things to people in the US, I might well have bid on the site. I am certain that there are other Americans living overseas in the same situation. Why restrict your business by not allowing them to participate?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: Somewhere in my wallet
US Immigration Lawyer here. I specialize in business and investors' visas (especially E-2s) for the US. Not in need of a job, but always provide free consultations on the subject.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Hi everyone. Revitalizing an older thread.

I started a social community for families with another FT'er (sbm12) and we just launched our beta this week. With two young kids I was frustrated that others were uploading their images to Facebook, tagging me, and exposing them to the privacy issues of Facebook.

We set out to solve that problem in the form of a community that's designed for and around parents. Creating content and selectively sharing it with connections, which you manage, in a safe, simple, and secure environment is at the cornerstone of what we've built. We also have some great search functionality to help parents use the site as a virtual baby book. Best of all, it's free.

Come join us on www.myfamgram.com (there's an explainer video on the homepage if you'd like to learn more) and please tell your friends and family that might have interest in what we've built.

Thanks,
Brian
Founder, myfamgram.com
Old May 26, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I hope a request to patronize my business, rather than hire me, is OK here. If not, mods delete.

I am a part-time stamp dealer. You ever wonder what happens to big collectors' mint stamp accumulations when the owners die? The USPS won't take them back, and how does the average person use up $8000 face in stamps?

Well, they get sold at a discount to guys like me who repackage them and resell to customers' specific requirements.

If you or your company use many US stamps, I can save you a lot of money. Up to 40%.

PM any time.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:54 pm
Suspended

employee training program needed

Hi, sorry I had to post this here, I am currently out on a company trip and just so happen that I always check this forum for my travels.

Is there a company that can customize an employee training program? Can anyone suggest or give recommendations please? I am always out on company trips so I really need something that is automated or can be updated as needed. Any ideas?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Laci Smith
Hi, sorry I had to post this here, I am currently out on a company trip and just so happen that I always check this forum for my travels.

Is there a company that can customize an employee training program? Can anyone suggest or give recommendations please? I am always out on company trips so I really need something that is automated or can be updated as needed. Any ideas?
What sort of training do you need? I might have some ideas but I don't know if you need training in drug awareness, using Microsoft Excel, following fair hiring procedures, or driving a forklift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.