Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Any Golf ideas for Florida?

Old Dec 14, 2003, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985

I will be in Orlando-Clearwater-West Palm from the 31st of Dec. till the 5th of Jan. Will anyone be around to golf? Does anyone have a suggestion or two?
Thanks in advance.
Jon
Old Dec 14, 2003, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The two courses that I enjoyed playing when I used to go to a conference at Disney were Southern Dunes (in Haines City) and Disney's Osprey Ridge.

There's one whose name escapes me (I want to say Falcon something or other) that's just southeast of Disney that was really bad for the money - a very boring layout.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thanks. I will be at the Hard Rock Hotel just to help clarify. I plan on playing on the 1st on Orlando. I would imagine not too many folks out on the course.
Old Dec 14, 2003, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Will just miss you by a week & planning to golf Disney's Osprey Ridge + one other (Eagle Pines, perhaps?) In the MCO area I've only golfed at WDW, but love all their courses. IMHO, Osprey & Eagle are the prettiest ones.
Old Dec 16, 2003, 6:14 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ElmhurstNick:
There's one whose name escapes me (I want to say Falcon something or other) that's just southeast of Disney that was really bad for the money - a very boring layout.</font>
That course is Falcon's Fire.
Yes, very overpriced.

The locals like to play MetroWest. Great layout (with actualy terrain changes). Not too expensive. I think it's still public.

To get a tee time at any Disney course the phone number is 407-WDW-GOLF. Play Osprey Ridge or Eagle Pines before you play the Magnolia or Palm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.